- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
Senior Officer, Finance
- Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Senior Officer, FinanceAbout Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Group and Regulatory reporting
PRA/ APRA / ABS / ASICreporting Requirements:
• Monitoring regulatory developments and assess the impact from regulatory reporting perspective.
• Ensure preparation and lodgement of monthly and quarterly APRA returns are within the prescribed deadlines
• Respond to queries raised by APRA/RBA regarding submitted returns
• Perform daily LCR calculation and report any risk or breaches. Implement processes to mitigate operational risk within the LCR reporting process. Ensure strict adherence to the various risk management frameworks of the Bank.
• Participate in Working Groups/Peer reviews for LCR with key contributions to governance, data quality, risk mitigation, best practices and target operating models
• Ensure all returns are reconciled to financial books
• Update the regulatory register
• Ownership of tax compliance
1. Managing all direct and indirect taxes like GST, FBT.
2. Ensuring correct preparation of tax returns.
3. Manage local tax accounting and ensuring accurate submission of Tax related reports to Head Office.
4. Look at ways to rationalize the operational procedure.
5. To review PPG's and provide inputs on the tax implications
• Being abreast with the tax /legal / regulatory changes and implement appropriate control procedures.
• Develop and implement country tax strategy in conjunction with the COO and regional tax manager.
1. Managing the risks associated with DTA
2. Apply transfer pricing policies and planning opportunities to mitigate the TP risk in AU
3. The implementation of Group tax policies and procedures
4. Ensuring risk assurance process are in place to provide evidence of proactive risk management of tax risk and compliance
5. Ensure that Tax Risk is properly represented at the relevant Country Risk Committees
6. Communicate Tax Risk management responsibilities and processes across the Country / Region / Group to all staff impacted.
a. Contribute to building a world class tax team, sharing best practice with rest of the Global Team.
b. Customer Tax Information Reporting (CTIR)
7. Participate in the lobbying forum chaired by the Central Team in partnership with local L&C, engage in local industry groups / forums and drive local lobbying efforts to simplify CTIR;
8. As RCO undertake review and challenge of CTIR reporting deliverables supplied by the Central Team and any non-centralized CTIR reporting process operating locally;
· In partnership with local L&C, engage with and manage local stakeholders, including the local Responsible Officer to explain central reporting processes, governance and control models and other processes implemented centrally, in accordance with guidance from the Central Team;
· Monitor local country business landscape for changes in business, product, strategy, etc and provide CTIR input into the sign-off of key governance documents such as PPGs, Country Addendum, changes in group corporate structure, etc, in accordance with guidance from the Central Team;
· Act as first point of contact for routine CTIR related queries from tax authority, local business and support functions with complex technical issues referred to the Central Team
· Participate in training operated by the Central Team, keep abreast of local developments and participate in delivery of training to business and other support functions locally.
• ALCO Sponsored Projects: To plan, coordinate ALCO sponsored projects to meet ALCO's objectives. This includes performing the required analysis, coordinating with relevant stakeholders, tracking of project tasks and responsibilities to apprise ALCO on the project status regularly.
• Corporate Governance: Develop and maintain ALCO processes to ensure ALCO discharges its governance responsibilities. This includes secretarial arrangements, report production and the tracking of all ALCO's responsibilities as per ALCO Terms of Reference ("TOR").
• FTP Governance: Oversee FTP processes to ensure compliance with FTP policies and procedures as per latest FTP Policy and Practice Guide.
• FTP/COL Implementation: To support CFO and ALCO, in collaboration with Treasury to develop solutions for implementing FTP and COL related policies and procedures in Country.
Secondary Role (to work with Ops)
• Monitoring the TP reconciliation report to ensure that loans/deposits/guarantees/risk participations reconcile to Peoplesoft General Ledger
• Ensure the accuracy of Accrued Interest Receivable and Payable entries as well as interest income and expenses
• Ensure that all loan and guarantee and all associated transactions are recorded accurately and the journal entries are recorded in PSGL correctly.
• Provide support to the Operations and IT to ensure smooth functioning of the EBBS system
• Check or Authorize SWIFT and Dot Opal Transactions when the need arises.
• Prepare ALCO APRA report monthly within 15 working days of next month including provision of analysis and commentary.
• Prepare CMT Pack every month including provision of analysis and commentary.
• Prepare packs for MBR meetings providing strategic inputs and analysis
• Prepare and Circulate DLRR within 1st working day of next month.
• Check the journal entries prepared by the R2C team as well as the local finance team.
• Prepare accurate monthly flash highlights any material
• Maintenance of PSGL Chart of accounts.
• Support GFCU in the FCS administration.
• Review and Approve FCS submission.
• Oversight on the finance control activities, monitoring suspense account, review of Journal summary report etc.
• Take ownership of FP&A function.
• Support the Group budgeting and corporate planning process.
• Manage the relationship with the Shared Service Centers, monitoring their performance.
• Respond to queries from the group on variance analysis.
• Summarize the Customer Profitability Data into reporting meaningful to the Sale team and circulate the same to Sales Team. Handle any queries from them.
• Identify, priorities process improvement initiative
• Setup processes and systems to help the team to perform the job better and faster.
Our Ideal Candidate
• Preferably a qualified accountant or with 5 years' experience in the Banking / Financial Services sector and familiarization with computerized accounting & processing systems.
• Should possess basic knowledge of banking transactions and have general knowledge of banking regulations
• Should possess basic knowledge of Treasury Markets products offered
• Should be conversant with financial analysis tools
• Should be a resilient, self starter with well developed communication & inter-personal skills
• Banking/finance services experiences with strong control background.
• Proficient in MS Words, MS Excel applications and PowerPoint presentation
• Knowledge of existing regulatory framework.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.