Senior Manager Strategy & Planning
Do work that matters
Risk Management ensures the Group has appropriate strategies and frameworks in place to assess, manage and report on credit, market, operational, compliance and insurance risks. See yourself in our team
The Enterprise Services (ES)* Risk Team (Line 2) provides independent advice, assurance and approvals on Operational Risk and Compliance for ES. *Enterprise Services delivers the Group's information technology and banking operations functions.
As a Senior Manager within ES Risk, you will support the COO to drive the Line 2 risk and compliance strategy; manage end to end delivery of annual, quarterly and monthly plans; complete Line 2 assurance reviews; lead events management for the team; manage training and education planning, content and budgets; manage the Executive Risk Scorecard process; and deliver regular communications for the CRO. You will help to drive consistency of Line 2 risk and compliance practices into ES Risk through training and education opportunities, working with other members of ES Risk to deliver uplift.
This is a fixed term (six month) role based at South Eveleigh, which may transition to permanent in 2022. We offer remote working and a flexible workplace. In any given week your responsibilities may include, working with the COO:
We're interested in hearing from people who:
- Strategy : Support the development and execution of the ES Risk strategy;
- Planning & Reporting : Co-ordinate the ES Risk leadership team to develop and execute on the annual strategic, advice and assurance plans. Manage annual, quarterly and monthly plans and reporting. Monitor progress.
- Assurance: Deliver Line 2 operational risk assurance reviews and support executive reviews
- Operating Model & Workforce : Manage the target operating model for Line 2 ES Risk. Work with leaders to develop workforce FTE targets, manage FTE movements, capability and capacity. Manage training targets, operating rhythm.
- Communications: Set the annual communication and engagement plan, and manage regular and ad hoc communications requirements across the COO team. Incorporate risk culture, operational risk and compliance messaging.
- Events: Manage ES Risk team events end to end.
- Projects , Financials, Processes : deliver and monitor key initiatives and ensure delivery and cost control is achieved.
- Processes: Develop and manage standard operating procedures. Identify continuous improvement options including streamlining and removal of duplication of effort.
- Stakeholder Management : develop strong relationships with key stakeholders within ES Risk and across the Group
At CommBank, we're committed to innovation.
- A Risk and compliance professional (Line 1 CCO, Line 2 Risk, Line 3 Audit).
- A self starter who enjoys driving strategy, planning and delivery on a regular basis.
- Strong creative writing, communication and graphics skills are required.
- You are numerate and have experience with Excel, Powerpoint, Word and MS Project.
- Technology, operations, payments knowledge is an advantage.
- Solid track record of planning, coordination and delivery, multi-tasking and actions management.
- Ability to self manage deliverables and communicate effectively with senior management.
- Strong stakeholder management skills and willingness to help others.
- Project management experience is desirable.
- 5-10 years of financial services experience.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We're keen to support you with the next step in your career.
Advertising End Date: 26/07/2021