Senior Manager Risk and Control Advisory and Delivery
Do work that matters:
The Financial Services Division partners with all areas of the Commonwealth Bank to provide specialist advice on financial management and strategy. This advice covers finance, audit, treasury, investor relations, security and property.
The Controls Office team governs and supports the lines of business within Financial Services in achieving excellence in risk management and operating an effective control environment.
Your role will be to drive a better standard control framework among the financial services divisions. Some of your key responsibilities:
We're interested in hearing from people who have:
- Oversee the design and implementation / support the business to design and implement controls and develop process maps to enable better risk and compliance outcomes, providing guidance and advice to senior leaders on their application
- Accountable for ensuring risks are profiled and captured in the Risk Profile (RCSA) and update when risk trigger events occur
- Oversee and guide others to conduct root cause analysis of issues and incidents, identifying and implementing control improvements
- Accountable for ensuring effective design of controls for all new and changing processes and operations, and support the business through the implementation
- Oversee and accountable for Control Assurance Program (CAP) testing, including coaching and guidance to team members on process, the development of test scripts and reporting on assurance findings
- Provide senior stakeholders with insights and suggested actions with regard to Operational Risk and control profiles, issues, incidents and other matters
- Lead the design and delivery of a change management approach to ensure the achievement of transformation objectives within the BU
- Partner with and advise Line 2 colleagues to determine and lead out optimal course of action to remediate any significant data integrity issues within the BU/SU
Your path looks like
- Tertiary qualifications in finance, accounting, business, economics, or related subjects
- Globally recognised accounting post graduate qualification e.g. Chartered Accountant, ACCA, CPA
- Extensive experience in banking/financial services coupled with demonstrated experience in Operational Risk management roles.
- Ability to analyse/identify risks and opportunities and recommend appropriate actions
- Influencing and consulting skills, the ability to build relationships with stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to think critically and analytically and use data driven insights to solve problems
- Knowledge of Operational and Compliance Risk frameworks would be advantageous
- Controls design experience
- Strong people leadership skills, including expectation setting, coaching, and performance management
If you live the values we can offer great opportunities, whether you want to move across the organisation or up into a leadership role, the Code of Conduct
guides our decision making so we can do what's right in every situation. Together with you line manager, you will create your development plan, which includes 3 areas of development (exposure, experience and education)
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We're keen to support you with the next step in your career.
Advertising End Date: 14/06/2020