Senior Manager Portfolio Management - Merchant Solutions
- Permanent Opportunity
- Sydney Location
Business Bank (BB) offer a wide range of services and solutions to our small to medium, enterprise customers and our regional and agribusiness customers.
We also take care of our personal and institutional online trading customers and our premium personal Private Banking customers.
Everyday Business Banking (EDPP) is a centre of excellence for innovation development and capability within the Group. We develop transformative technology and products of innovation including: payments acceptance, the NPP and our Albert terminals.
Merchant Solutions supports our clients to operate and grow their business, through the provision of innovative payment solutions that help them better engage with their customers and suppliers Our purpose is to improve the financial wellbeing of our customers and communities. See yourself in our team
The Merchant Product Management Team, as part of Merchant Solutions is responsible for the development and optimisation of our online and card present solutions that delivers payment products and services to our clients. The key objective of the team is to deliver transformative technology, innovative solutions and connectivity with reliability and safety. Do Work That Matters
Your primary contribution will be to lead the product development, management and P&L outcomes of your assigned product portfolio within the Merchant Solutions business. The role is required to take an end to end view of product lifecycle, working closely with sales segments, marketing, fulfilment, operations, ES and external providers, in order to drive business outcomes.
The impact of your contribution should result in:
- Product strategy development
- Product management and pricing aligned to Customer value propositions and Segment value propositions
- P&L management
- Alignment of margin, volume and profit objectives with brand / segment position and customer satisfaction
- The delivery of key product initiatives and projects for the portfolio;
- Positive business outcomes including process optimisation, client experience, and stakeholder management; and
- Increased risk policies and understanding across products.
- The role reports to the Executive Manager, Merchant Product Management and works closely with other teams in Merchant Solutions, as well as key stakeholders including sales segments, technology teams, operational teams, product risk and key vendors.
The role has assigned direct reports across the portfolio.
More specifically you will;
- Adherence to the Code of Conduct . The Code of Conduct sets the standards of behaviour, actions and decisions we expect from our people.
- Understanding the structure, policies, and operations of the broader organisation, and to recommend solutions that enable the organisation to achieve its goals.
- Drive growth and development of your portfolio.
- Product Management: Manage your portfolio through the product lifecycle, maximising revenue and profitability.
- Product and Initiative Development / Prioritisation: Work with key stakeholders (vendors, segments and support teams) to manage the pipeline of product and initiative development activities and roadmaps.
- Reporting & Analytics: With the Portfolio Insights & Analytics team, use metrics of your portfolio to identifying opportunities to drive growth, development, revenue and educate various internal stakeholders on trends.
- Pricing Policy: Set and regularly review and update pricing policies across tyour portfolio.
- Competitor Analysis: Continuously monitor competitor activity to understand trends in the market.
- Financial Management: Demonstrate full understanding of the drivers of your portfolio and drive positive outcomes.
- Project Management: Project manage, as required, the implementation of major product development initiatives, specifically change management, marketing and implementation.
- Risk: Proactively manage and optimise risks for product and initiative development activities as well as embedding BAU controls as appropriate across for your portfolio.
- Marketing / Communications: With the Marketing / Communications and Merchant Solutions Market Management teams, recommend initiatives/products for featuring and promotion, provide content (in the form of case studies, customer feedback, and use cases) to generate positive coverage and support communications
- External Compliance: Ensure that all product and initiative developments are fully compliant with external requirements (especially Card Schemes). Monitor developments in the compliance and ensure that product and initiative development pipelines encompass emerging compliance requirements.
Help us deliver a better future for Everyday Business Banking:
- Risk Mindset -All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks.
- Understanding of the Bank's key processes, products and systems.
- An understanding of the principles of process improvement
If you live the values and demonstrate the people capabilities we can offer great opportunities. Whether you want to move across the organisation or up into a leadership role, the way you live the values and demonstrate the people capabilities are key. Use the capabilities required for this role as a guide to the critical skills and behaviours you need for your next move
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We're keen to support you with the next step in your career.
Advertising End Date: 09/07/2020