Senior Manager, Operational & Resilience Risk
Some careers have more impact than others.
We're looking for progressive minds who are driven, perceptive and forward-thinking, who are open
to different ideas and cultures, who can connect
with our customers and who will work with courageous integrity
As an HSBC employee in Australia, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes market leading subsidised private health cover, enhanced parental pay/benefits and support when you return to work, wellness days and wellbeing programs as well as a highly flexible workplace culture.
Global Operational and Resilience Risk (ORR) is a sub function of Group Risk. Risk's purpose is to make sure HSBC understands and is in control of its non-financial risk position. The Risk function includes Operational and Resilience Risk which provides second-line of defence subject matter expertise to guide the first line of defence in their assessment and mitigation of risks in key areas such as information technology and cyber security, third party risk, transaction processing and business continuity.
In taking on this role you will join a team at the forefront of Non-Financial Risk regulatory and legislative development, gain exposure to Australia's risk management strategy and risk appetites for a critical area of Non-Financial Risk, and be an active part of initiatives developing across the entire First Line of Defence. In doing so, you will be responsible for ensuring that Australia adheres to the Group's Risk Management framework, and that current and emerging Resilience risks are managed within appetite. Your main responsibilities in this role will include:
Qualifications To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Ensuring the integrity and timely completeness of Resilience risk and control assessments, and overseeing the management of related issues and events, including independent challenge of root causes and remediation activity.
- Supporting the embedding of the Risk Management Framework by providing advice and challenge in relation to ORR oversight and internal control effectiveness within Australia.
- Representing ORR at the Australia non-financial risk governance forums, providing both Operational Risk oversight and robust challenge from the perspective of Resilience Risk.
- Developing increasingly insightful opinion based views on the management of Resilience risks by the First line of Defence.
- Being part of the team that supports the implementation and embedding of the global ORR functional strategy.
- Extensive non-financial risk management knowledge with relevant experience of non-financial risk management frameworks and their application through risk assessments, controls monitoring / testing, governance.
- Knowledge of non-financial risk classes including Information Technology, Cyber Security, Data Risk, Business Continuity, Transaction Processing, and Third Party Risk.
- Strong pre-existing knowledge of Wholesale businesses and / or products is an advantage.
- Degree or post-graduate qualifications in a relevant field / relevant professional qualifications and memberships (e.g. PRIMIA, CA, IIA) would be an advantage, but not essential.
Due to current international travel restrictions and border closures, we can only consider candidates who hold either Australian Permanent Residency or Citizenship.