Senior Manager Home Buying Data Management
Senior Manager Home Buying Data Management Data and Decision Science Home Buying Data & Analytics Team
This is an exciting new role in a relatively new area for Home Buying and for DDS, therefor part of the role will be working through the ambiguity on how to execute the role successfully.
CBA has implemented a new Data Governance framework across the group, which is accompanied with Policies and Standards that we need to adhere to, coordinated by the RBD Data Office. See yourself in the team:
This role sits within the DDS Home Buying Data & Analytics Team, supporting the home buying portfolio through data driven analysis and insights to optimise business performance and imrove customer outcomes. The team forms part of a broader DDS Business Portfolio team which also includes Modelling and Customer Engagement teams, and is the link between the DDS and the business product teams.
Our team culture is centered on collaboration, growth, sharing new ideas and innovation.
This role will focus on the responsibilities of DDS to provide reliable and accurate data that underpins a wide number of Home Buying (HB) business activities What you will do
Your role will ensure that HB plays their part in improving CBA's Data Governance. More concretely, it will ensure that the Data Environment of HB will become increasingly efficient, robust and well understood. You will become the expert on all HB related data architecture, processes, data sources and definitions and will become a sought after expert.
The initial focus will be in three areas, as this space evolves it is likely that additional items are required:
First, to design the overall function, processes and requirements for this role in the long term.
Second, provide oversight and support for projects building new data (e.g. in our data warehouses)
Third, coordinate and drive progress to implement the Data Governance framework on HB business processes More Specifically:
- Drive the creation of processes to effectively uplift the Data Governance in Home Buying
- Provide progress updates on Data Governance upto Senior Leaders
- Support projects going through the Data Governance framework. For example, ensure they leverage existing data (no duplication), use well supported business definitions (SME input), use optimal data elements (SME input) and build controls where required (Business Input)
- Support projects through the BMT (Business MetaData Template) sign-off process, playing the critical role of Home Buying Data Steward
- Drive progress to bring Home Buying business processes under governance (DMI - Data Management Initiative), this will include identifying the right processes and arranging input from SMEs and technical experts to either bring it under governance or to build a business case for funding
- Actively engage with e.g. system (ES - Enterprise Services) and data SMEs (CDO- Chief Data Office) across the business, to support projects
- Provide clarity to the broader Home Buying & DDS audience on the impact of Data Governance on them
- Optimise and leverage relationships with RBS DO (Data Office), other RBS Data-Stewards and CF teams
- Play an active role creating a positive, open and collaborative team culture
- Help build an open, feedback-driven culture of constant development and constructive challenging
You also will engage and collaborate with business stakeholders to clearly articulate findings to solve business problems faced by our customers.
Your excellent communication skills will help you work across HB and DDS to drive results and meet the strategic objectives of the business. Through innovation, and stakeholder management you will be able to demonstrate the contribution of your initiatives to the success of the business. We want to hear from you if you have:
- Communication, stakeholder engagement & influencing skills
- Ability to work and deliver in a relatively ambiguous environment by creating clarity and focus
- Advanced technical data skills and strong familiarity of data management principles
- Ability to perform technical & business analyses relatively independently
- Strong ability to both think conceptually at a high-level and get right into the details to deliver at a granular level
- Willingness to give and receive feedback and passion for continuous learning
- Solid team player with a positive outlook and a drive to challenge status-quo and drive better outcomes
- 3+ years' of experience in a data related role
- Proficient in SQL
- Knowledge on CBA Systems and Data Environment a plus
- Retail Banking knowledge a plus
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We're keen to support you with the next step in your career.
Advertising End Date: 19/04/2021