Senior Manager Government & Stakeholder Relations
- Sydney based opportunity
- Full time, permanent role with excellent benefits
- Join Australia's largest superannuation fund
AustralianSuper is Australia's largest super fund and is for all Australians and businesses. We put members first in everything we do with the goal of helping to create the best possible retirement outcome. Here's where you come in...
To support the growth of AustralianSuper we are seeking a Senior Manager, Government and Stakeholder Relations who will be responsible for AustralianSuper's government and stakeholder relations activities across the investment team, coordinating and collaborating with the superannuation advocacy team.
This will include establishing strong GSR process and providing high-quality advice on government and stakeholder matters. The role requires the role requires strong bi-partisan political experience and will work with all levels of government, community and employee representative stakeholders, ideally with some previous experience with infrastructure investment.
The Senior Manager, Government and Stakeholder Relations is expected to utilise this experience in this highly visible role to drive GSR strategy, develop the Group's capability and talent, foster relationships on behalf of the Group, and oversee staff responsible for the delivery of GSR strategy.
The Senior Manager, Government and Stakeholder Relations is expected to build relationships and work collaboratively with the GSR functions in portfolio companies as well as the Head of Property, the Head of Infrastructure, the Senior Portfolio Manager Australian Equities and Head of Corporate Affairs to establish appropriate GSR oversight, issues identification and management process. You'll need...
- Successful strategic political and government influence.
- Ability to lead, develop and motivate a group to high performance.
- Ability to influence outcomes in a complex organization.
- Developing and implementing strategies to address a variety of opportunities and problems.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing political and government relations strategies.
- Deep understanding of how to operate in a sensitive and confidential environment.
- High-level communication, influencing, stakeholder management and networking abilities.
- Ability to be an effective member of a senior leadership team.
- Superior ability to manage business relationships with flexibility, innovation and diplomacy
- Tertiary qualifications in a political science, philosophy, economics, social science or related discipline required.
We believe embracing diversity in thought and perspective helps introduce new and better ways of doing business, delivering better outcomes for our members. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
If you would like the opportunity to work in a challenging, growing and rapidly evolving environment to deliver outstanding results that benefit members, please apply now! Agencies please note: this vacancy is being managed directly by AustralianSuper's Recruitment team. We will contact our preferred agency partners should we require additional support. Thank you.