Senior Manager, Business Value Services
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts. Job Category
Business Value Services Group Job Details
Location: Sydney or Melbourne
Salesforce is a Fortune 500 Company with a Market Cap of 200bn$, 20bn$ Revenue and 50,000 Employees. Salesforce is the Pioneer of Enterprise Cloud Computing, the fastest growing of the top 5 Enterprise software companies, the World's Most Innovative Company according to Forbes, and one of Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work for six years running.
Salesforce is looking for highly talented and passionate individuals who can effectively articulate how & why our solutions can help transform a Customers business and exceed their goals! Salesforce is striving to deliver business transformation enabled by technology to its customers and therefore requires individuals able to translate Salesforce offerings into compelling commercial propositions guided by insight into the business dynamics of large complex enterprises.
You will work with our most strategically important customers to present compelling commercial propositions including the business value narrative. You will support and collaborate with the enterprise sales efforts on the largest and most significant deals within ANZ. This role will also work with other BVS Colleagues, sales, solution engineering, technology advisory, pricing, sales operations, legal, revenue recognition and others to ensure the maximum value for our solutions is realised in the marketplace. This role has a very sharp focus on development of complex deal structures and commercial proposals that form the backbone of investment justifications and for any large deal.
Success in this role would be measured by closing deal ACV within forecast quarter, deal size closed above forecast and feedback from sales organisation as to level and quality of engagement. It would also include quality of customer facing deliverables, thought leadership and creativity while working as part of a large deal team.
- Create and manage commercial strategy and compelling commercial propositions for large deals/proposals across our largest clients and prospects in the region
- Be responsible for maintaining the commercial 'source of truth' for a deal working together with a large group of internal stakeholders. This will entail ultimate ownership for all commercial documentation for an offer that is made to a client/prospect for external and internal (compliance) purposes
- Actively contribute to creating creative sales propositions & commercial negotiation strategies working together with BVS and Sales teams
- Actively work with Operations teams (Sales Operations, Revenue Recognition, Legal Operations) and build expertise in 'last mile' commercial operations related to closing and booking deals
- Be responsible for understanding commercial implications / needs of the entire breadth of Salesforce Product offerings - and advise on commercial strategies accordingly
Experience & Skills:
- Commitment and integrity as an advisor of commercial propositions
- Situational awareness of likely objections in dynamic customer environments
- Financial skills, including a business degree (MBA, CPA, CA)
- Expertise in working with (common) data modelling tools and experience in data manipulation and building complex models
- Strong ability to create, quantify insights and communicate recommendations to senior stakeholders
- Ability to work within high levels of ambiguity to guide others to effective decision making.
- Strong analytical & problem-solving skills essential
- Strong influencing capabilities; must be a self-starter, high energy
- Strong inclination to Technology & Enterprise Software industry
- Strong appetite to work in a consultative and collaborative strategic selling environment
- Ideally, experience in structuring/creating large commercial propositions - especially in Enterprise Technology context
- End user and/or professional experience with enterprise cloud solutions
- 5+ years of experience in business and or financial / accounting roles.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form. Posting Statement
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org .
Salesforce welcomes all.