Senior Manager, Algo & ML Vacant
Senior Manager, Algo & ML
Get set for your next great career move.
How will I help?
- Based in Sydney CBD
- Brand new role
- Make an enterprise-wide impact
What's in it for me?
- This is a new opportunity in which you will be responsible for the development of model risk management and validation strategies associated with algorithmic trading processes and models (algo) and Machine Learning (ML) models across the Group.
- Ensuring all independent validation is delivered to a high quality
- The Senior Manager, Algo & ML will also ensure policy, standards and other risk management documents associated with algo and ML models are appropriate.
- Represent Model Risk at algo governance forums and interface with Operational Risk and Compliance teams in relation to broad ML risk management frameworks and toolkits.
- Contribute to policy and reporting as it relates to algo and ML models
You will build your profile internally and externally with stakeholders and be part of the future of a business that has been around for 200 years and whose vision is becoming the world's best service company.
You'll be working for an organisation that supports development, internal career moves and flexible working. Along with competitive salary, you'll receive Westpac's generous benefits and a whole array of customer discounts. Being an integral part of the Westpac, you will constantly be challenging the status quo and deliver high quality customer outcomes. What do I need?
Along with excellent tertiary qualifications in a mathematics or other quant discipline, we are looking for:
What is it like to work there?
- Fluency in programming (Q, Python, R) and associated data science tools (Docker, Git, CI, analytic notebooks such as Jupyter/RMarkdown)
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Clear understanding of regulatory requirements (MiFID II RTS 6, PRA PS12/18) is highly desirable
- 10 years' experience within a data science or algo trading development team
At the Westpac Group, we have a vision to be one of the world's great service companies - this means helping our people, customers and communities to prosper and grow. We aim to be leaders in diversity, flexibility and as an equal opportunity employer.
You will join one big, supportive team and working with us you'll discover new ways of working, and an exciting range of roles to showcase your skills. As an equal opportunity employer, we're proud to have created a culture where people can be their best, in an environment that values diversity and flexibility. And one where everyone belongs. How do I Apply?
Start here. Just click on the APPLY