Senior Infrastructure Cloud Engineer
A great opportunity for you to join as a Cloud and Infrastructure Engineer and leverage your strong background working closely with businesses on developing enterprise infrastructure & cloud solutions.
The Engineering team responsible for supporting Macquarie's Asset Management Division globally is seeking a Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
with a strong track record of successful service delivery to join the growing team in our Sydney office. This position requires hands-on experience with cloud technologies and management of global infrastructure environments.
This is an internal client facing role that requires a wide range of technical expertise, superior relationship management skills and IT business acumen in equal measures. The Engineering team is tightly aligned with business stakeholders and technology leadership to deliver solutions for business and technology objectives. Our success is measured through the successful outcomes and excellent expectation management while implementing new designs.
You could be part of a team helping drive our businesses infrastructure and cloud capabilities by providing complex solution designs.
In this role your key responsibilities include:
- understanding our businesses requirements to develop complex IT solutions across multiple infrastructure technology platforms (on-premises & cloud)
- working closely with our dev/ops & core infrastructure services teams to deliver innovative solutions within an agile environment
- presenting and building support for proposed solutions with our business and senior IT stakeholders
- taking a leadership role in empowering our teams to move to the cloud service and getting the most out of Continuous Integration \ Continuous Development approaches.
- lead development and implementation of a CI/CD Pipeline strategy
- create automation for speed of delivery, and consistent alignment with technology standards and IT best practices.
To be successful in this role you will:
- have an established background in management of enterprise class infrastructure solutions: design and delivery
- proficient with defining, achieving and updating strategic objectives whilst maintaining a secure, highly available, flexible and scalable environment
- technical certifications are preferred. Splunk, Networking, Windows, RHEL, etc. with AWS and other Cloud related certifications being strongly preferred
- experience implementing and supporting developer tool solutions (Ansible, Jenkins, Docker)
- have successfully led groups to create and implement new IT processes, standards and strategies that deliver a high-level of stability, performance, and continuous improvement across the enterprise infrastructure and application portfolio.
- have experience with migrating solutions from on-premise data centers to public & private cloud environments.
- background in enterprise class infrastructure solutions design and delivery
- technical knowledge and proven experience of public/private cloud deployments
- depth of technical knowledge in one or more of the following areas, either as a hand-on engineer or manager of technical teams: Data Networks (Firewall/Load Balancers); UNIX Engineering; Database Administration; Windows Engineering; Cloud Technologies.
With us you'll be able to use your solution designer and consulting experience to help change the way we do things - we want your opinion on how we can go from strength to strength.
Please apply via the following link with your CV. Alternatively to find out more about the position at www.macquarie.com/careers or please email Nicky Bell @email@example.com for further information
The Corporate Operations Group (COG) brings together specialist support services including workplace, human resources, market operations and technology. COG's purpose is to drive operational excellence through business-aligned services with a focus on quality, cost and risk. COG comprises the following divisions: Business Improvement and Strategy, Business Services, Human Resources, Market Operations, and Technology
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
We facilitate a range of flexible working arrangements within our teams. Talk to us about what flexibility may be available. Advertised:
29 May 2019 AUS Eastern Standard Time Applications close: