Senior Finance Associate
About the role
- Build your career at NAB
- Join this collaborative and agile team
- We embrace diversity & inclusion at our core
Working as part of the Wealth Finance team, this role provides finance partnering, financial governance, oversight, reporting and monitoring across the Wealth Remediation project streams. Due to the critical nature of this work, the role acts as a central source of truth to ensure high levels of accuracy in reporting of outcomes to those various stakeholders. This role is also responsible for delivering process reviews, productivity improvements and implementing changes to the programs to support more effective outcomes and delivery in a timely manner. Accountabilities
In this challenging and pivotal role, your key responsibilities include:
Skills & experience
- Delivery of monthly financial insight and ongoing oversight of ensuing required actions, as a result of financial outcomes with a focus on driving outperformance through business partnering excellence;
- Performing adhoc analysis into program performance proactively or as directed by the program, to provide insight into performance and identify opportunities for improved resource allocation and customer outcomes;
- Contribute to production of forecasts as required, yearly and quarterly including insight into variances to plan and forecast;
- Support the delivery of management and financial governance; beyond presentation of financial results, agitating for greater performance and a focus on rapid delivery of customer outcomes in line with regulator expectations;
- Develop strong and collaborative relationships with key stakeholders to ensure effectiveness of communications and resolution of issues;
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives to uplift business performance, within the team and outside the team, to increase efficiency and create capacity; and
- Working collaboratively with key members of the program to support reporting and meet collective deliverables.
To succeed in this role, you must be able to work in a fast-paced and complex environment and have:
- Demonstrated finance partnering experience with a proven history in delivering strong analytics and process improvements;
- Extensive experience in financial and management Month end/Year end reporting including budgeting, forecasting and performance reporting;
- Ability to thrive working in a dynamic, outcomes driven environment whilst being able to apply judgement and analytical thinking to your work;
- Able to resolve complex business problems through a pragmatic lens to deliver improved customer outcomes;
- Demonstrated capability in working collaboratively across teams and influencing outcomes;
- Previous Financial Services industry experience essential;
- Intermediate to Advanced level of Microsoft Office suite (particularly Excel, Word and Powerpoint);
- Knowledge of Business Objects/Tableau highly desirable; and
- Relevant qualification in Commerce, Accounting or Business; and CA or equivalent post qualification is required.
We believe success comes from our people. We're committed to supporting your talent and skills through your career, as you help us build a culture that affects change for our customers - and for the community too. We have an African Australian Inclusion Program, a range of Grad, Traineeship and Internship Programs, we are proud to have dedicated $55 billion to help address climate change, be recognised as a Gold employer of LGBTI Inclusion by AWEI, and be an endorsed employer for Women by Work180. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity in the workplace. The benefits
From education and volunteer leave to learning benefits and banking discounts, we offer access to a wide range of employee benefits. For more information please visit here.
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply. Let's have a serious but informal chat about who you are and what drives you. We'd love to share our vision for the future of banking.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status. Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert.
*Please note unsolicited CVs from agencies will not be accepted. Advertised:
19 Jun 2020 12:00 AM AUS Eastern Standard Time