Senior Finance Analyst
Amazon International Seller Services (ISS) seeks a Sr Financial Analyst to be part of our fast paced growing marketplace 3P business in Australia, based in Sydney. This role partners with business leaders to manage a full P&L and provide strategic planning and execution support. This is an exciting opportunity that blends an individual's desire to drive business decision making with their finance acumen while supporting a fast growing business. Marketplace 3P is about the seller business on the Amazon platform, and includes both 3P sellers using their own logistic networks as well as those that leverages Amazon's global fulfillment and customer service network (i.e. Fulfillment by Amazon or FBA) who want to grow their business on all Amazon marketplaces. FBA enables customers to take advantage of Free Super Saver Shipping on third party items, while sellers can focus on selling rather than shipping and order logistics.
Duties may include:
• Developing financial models and other analytical tools to measure productivity, calculate return on investment, or assess investment outcome to support business decisions.
• Developing financial and metrics reporting packages for 3P business (monthly/quarterly/full year), including detailed P&Ls and bridges/reconciliations to explain business trends
• Collaborating with business teams to develop variance analysis and explanations of deviations to our plan
• Serving as auditor of various financial and business metrics and KPIs, reconciliation of data between financial and non financial systems, and general review of monthly results and investigation of potential errors
• Building deep dive reporting to explain variances in variable and fixed costs, operating expenses, headcount, and other key cost drivers and work with applicable teams to understand variances and to drive action
• Long and short term financial planning BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• BA/BS degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or related field and a minimum 6+ years of experience in finance or a related analytical field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Demonstrated financial analysis and modeling skills.
• Highly analytical and detail oriented.
• Ability to work successfully in an ambiguous environment. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Advance Excel Skills, familiarity with Data Warehouse environment, SQL knowledge a plus
• Proficiency in Oracle Financials and Cognos
• Proven ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
About working at Amazon
Our retail team operates out of our fabulous CBD office (conveniently located near many transportation options), and from home (during COVID-19) leveraging technology.
Amazon offers great benefits including a competitive compensation and stock plan. We also look after our people with benefits including: subsidized private health and life insurance, commuter benefits and even an Amazon discount.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status.