Senior Data Specialist
Do work that matters
- You're motivated & always thinking outside of the box
- We are passionate about offering our staff work life balance
- Together we place customers at the centre of what we do
Business Banking (BB) offer a wide range of services and solutions to our small to medium, enterprise customers and our regional and agribusiness customers.
The Analytics, Data & Decision Science (ADDS) team aspires to be the best analytics team in CBA at engaging customers by solving complex customer, product & channel problems through multi-channel strategies to deliver value for Business Banking.
We are leveraging Next Best Action Marketing decisioning technology and the Group's data to anticipate and meet our customers' needs in an orchestrated, consistent and meaningful manner. See yourself in our team
The BB Data Office, is a critical team within the ADDS team, and leads data strategy development & execution, prioritization and coordination of data investments and implementation of data management practices across the BB business unit.
You will support the implementation of the Group's Data Delivery framework and their ongoing development and implementation of data transformation strategy across BB. This role reports to the Senior Manager - Data Delivery & Operations
in the Business Banking - Analytics, Data & Decision Science (ADDS) team. On any given week you will
What you will need to succeed
- Develop, implement and maintain a comprehensive data asset covering the data needs of the BB Analytics, Data & Decision Science (ADDS) and supporting the overall BB Data Strategy
- Understand business requirements and develop solutions that empower end users through workshop facilitation and use case analysis
- Identification of processes improvements and optimization of existing data integration processes
- Proactive management of deliverables according to delivery timelines
- Continuously improve existing systems and processes to improve quality and efficiency
- Share technical expertise by mentoring colleagues and assisting with troubleshooting programs as well as provide cross-functional technical support and consultation services to the ADDS management team
- Collaborate with other analytics teams within CBA to drive the effective use of systems/data/insights
- Risk Mindset -All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks.
- Ability to progress multiple initiatives concurrently with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to drive outcomes and execute on a roadmap of initiatives
- Strong Technical business analysis - Mandatory
- High level & detailed solution design and implementation - Mandatory
- Strong Teradata SQL / Big Data platform skills (OMNIA/Hadoop) - Mandatory
- Strong Microsoft SQL /T-SQL -Mandatory
- Advanced Data Visualisation skills (Alteryx/Tableau) - Mandatory
- Advanced ETL design, development and maintenance - Mandatory
- Solid knowledge and experience in Banking, Finance and Commercial Lending - Highly Desirable
- Knowledge and experience in using a Solution Delivery Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Proficient PC skills e.g. MS Office suite
- Proficient Tools skills e.g. JIRA, Confluence
If this sounds like you - Apply today!
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We're keen to support you with the next step in your career.
Advertising End Date: 04/12/2020