Senior Data, Engineer - Remote
Please note that this role is temporarily listed as "remote" due to the current requirements for all Australians to practise social distancing amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We will discuss with you your ongoing requirements throughout the recruitment process.
Your new role awaits
- Opportunities for career progression throughout the business
- Progressive & agile culture
- You will be supported to grow and learn
- Sydney based role
As a Senior Data Engineer, you will provide technology based services incorporating strategy, design, development, delivery and maintenance of data solutions to meet business needs.
Your key activities will include:
What you will bring:
- Help to develop strategic capabilities for projects, using data sourced from hundreds of systems using traditional and cloud native and open source big data tools
- Working in a team of data design and engineering professionals, with end to end accountability within distributed agile ways of working
- Connect within business aligned value streams with teams solving real problems for NAB's customers and colleagues to make a difference
- Secure an appropriate understanding of the data flow of all Enterprise systems through EDW and core use of data
- Gain in-depth understanding of Wealth Enterprise Data Models
- Strong experience with data, including the ability to lead small team (internally), and propose solutions to complex data issues
- CI/CD in complex data environment
- Prior work experience with IBM DataStage or similar ETL tool
- PLSQL, Python
- Proven work experience on large/complex data migration projects
- Experience on modern BI/reporting tool such as Tableau, Power BI, Looker
- Experience on Cloud infrastructure, AWS, Azure, GCP, Redshift, Snowflake
- Experience with Jenkins/Git, confluence/JIRA
- Database administrative experience with Oracle 12c or similarly skills in Cloud environment AWS
- Prior work experience with big 4s in Data analytic space
- Experience at migrating legacy on-prem assets to Cloud.
We believe success comes from our people. We're committed to supporting your talent and skills through your career, as you help us build a culture that affects change for our customers - and for the community too.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity in the workplace. The benefits
From education and volunteer leave to learning benefits and banking discounts, we offer access to a wide range of employee benefits. For more information please visit here.
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply. Let's have a serious but informal chat about who you are and what drives you. We'd love to share our vision for the future of banking.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status. Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert.
*Please note unsolicited CVs from agencies will not be accepted. Advertised:
22 Jun 2020 12:00 AM AUS Eastern Standard Time