Senior Data Analyst & Datawarehouse specialist
What makes Cognizant a unique place to work? The combination of rapid growth and an international and innovative environment! This is creating many opportunities for people like YOU - people with an entrepreneurial spirit who want to make a difference in this world.
At Cognizant, together with your colleagues from all around the world, you will collaborate on creating solutions for the world's leading companies and help them become more flexible, more innovative and successful. Moreover, this is your chance to be part of the success story. Position Summary:
Join Cognizant as a Senior Data Analyst & Datawarehouse specialist; collaborate with our experienced Data Analyst, Solution design team, Data visualization teams & ETL teams. Mandatory Skills:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Data Analyst
- Data Warehousing DWH Implementation.
- Data Integration and Data Migration Solutioning.
- ETL solution design, Source-target Data Mapping
- ETL Technology - IBM Datastage / Informatica / MS SSIS
- Data Visualization - MS Power BI / Tableau / Qlikview
- Insurance COTS product Database experience - Guidewire / SAP Callidus
- AWS cloud experience - AWS S3, AWS Redshift
Salary Range - >$100,000 Next steps
- 0+ years of Analysis, solutioning and development experience on data driven platforms inclusive of Datawarehouse DWH implementations through ETL & Reporting frameworks.
- Proven track record of designing, developing, and implementing large scale solutions, to cater for Banking, Financial Services & Insurance industries in a Digital Analytics space, which have impacted business revenues and user experiences
- Seasoned in leading a team of Data Analysts/ETL developers for delivering solutions catering to multiple business problems across business operating domains.
- Strong domain expertise in Insurance industry, inclusive of policy life cycle, billing & claims, policy administration, agent lifecycles.
- Experience in providing solution designs for data migration projects from an analytical perspective by data profiling the source data to fit into the target systems
- Experience in data migration projects with Insurance COTS products like SAP Callidus/ Guidewire and complementing the same with solution designs for target Datawarehouse / Data Mart / DataHub.
- Experience in data integration programs inclusive of inbound and outbound data processing based on a Datawarehouse/Data Mart application
- Expert in requirements elicitation, user story definitions, data flow diagrams, design documentation, source to target data mapping preparations.
- Expert skills in one of the industry standard ETL tools like IBM Datastage Or Microsoft SSIS Or Informatica with a focus on performance optimization
- Experience in creating data visualizations, data representations or reports using tools like MS Power BI / Tableau / Qlikview.
- Strong technical experience in writing complex SQL queries in one of SQL platforms (Oracle/MS SQL Server/DB2)
- Having experience on working on AWS cloud platform applications like AWS S3, AWS redshift, AWS DMS is optional but would be an added advantage
- Perform Data profiling, carry out Data Lineage and understanding of Legacy systems
- Professional certification in any of the ETL tools like IBM Datastage Or Microsoft SSIS Or Informatica
- Professional certification or equivalent learnings in the data analysis domain like DA-100
- Ability to think beyond the numbers while addressing real-world business problems analytically by the numbers
- Ability to define enterprise class solutions and work with multiple technical and data testing teams to support the delivery of such solutions.
- Proven project management and client-facing skills with cross geography team management capabilities.
- Ability to work effectively with global teams and product owners across different time zones and ready to travel to global client locations.
- Ability to translate and clearly communicate sophisticated analytical information to non-expert and non-technical stakeholders and clients
- Ability to work comfortably in ambiguous situations and ability to optimize team's resources to achieve business goals.
- Exceptional communication skills towards demonstrating and communicating complex concepts to business audiences
- Excellent professional communication skills (English, written and verbal)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with high degree of self-motivation
If you feel this opportunity suits you, or Cognizant is the type of organization you would like to join, we want to have a conversation with you! Please apply directly with us.
For a complete list of open opportunities with Cognizant, visit http://www.cognizant.com/careers Cognizant is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities. Successful candidates will be required to undergo a background check.