Senior Contract Specialist
For more than 11 years, Amazon Web Services ("AWS") has been the world's most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platform. AWS offers over 100 fully featured services to millions of active customers around the world, including the fastest-growing startups, largest enterprises, and leading government agencies, to power their infrastructure. This role will be within the larger World Wide Revenue Operations (WWRO) team which supports Sales, Marketing and Support teams within AWS.
The Senior Contracts Specialist will support AWS Professional Services and AWS Legal by operationalizing the contract creation process for Statements of Work (SOWs) and related contracting structures. We're looking for a motivated self-starter who's passionate about drafting and reviewing contracts, managing operational processes, analyzing trends and recommending and implementing process improvements.
This is a unique role, with similar functions to a business operations analyst and a contract specialist. The candidate will work side by side with AWS Legal to create SOWs and ensure they meet legal requirements. Additionally, you will support AWS Professional Services by providing operational and administrative guidance, enabling them to provide an outstanding customer experience.
• Own the SOW process, which includes drafting and reviewing SOWs to ensure alignment with business and legal requirements, gathering approvals, tracking status and communication between key stakeholders.
• Retrieve and analyze data using Excel, Salesforce.com and other data management/BI Systems
• Support weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reporting
• Proactively identify and implement operational improvements and enhancements that meet business requirements
• Communicate daily with cross functional teams including Sales, Legal, Operations and Management
• Assist to recruit, onboard, and train Contract Specialists
• Create and maintain standard operating procedures
• Drive continuous process improvement while developing relationships for long term solutions
• Conduct quality assurance audits
• Become the SOW creation subject matter expert
• Lead and contribute to Individual, regional and global projects to meet business goals
A day in the life
Contract Drafting. Stakeholder Management. Reporting. Training. Projects.
About the hiring group
This role is part of the wider APJ team (currently with 6 members but growing rapidly) and global practice ICON team based in AMER. There is also a EMEA based team.
Own the SOW process, which includes drafting and reviewing SOWs to ensure alignment with business and legal requirements, gathering approvals, tracking status and communication between key stakeholders. Contribute to team and global wide ICON projects.
Assist to recruit, coach and grow the team. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 4+ years of relevant contracting experience
• 3+ years contract drafting experience
• Experience reviewing and drafting contract terms in technology licensing and service contracts and exposure to a broad range of standard commercial contracts PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Additional education beyond a four-year university degree is strongly preferred
• Strong attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Ability to communicate effectively across all functions and levels of the organization
• Ability to work independently on projects and successfully contribute to cross- functional team projects