- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- Macquarie Group
- 22 Apr 19
Senior Cloud and Infrastructure Engineer
Senior Cloud and Infrastructure EngineerA great opportunity for you to join as a Cloud and Infrastructure Engineer and leverage your strong background working closely with businesses on developing enterprise infrastructure & cloud solutions.
You will need to be passionate about providing the best solutions within a dev/ops environment, with the aim of providing our businesses with robust/flexible and agile systems to meet our client's needs.
You could be part of a team helping drive our businesses infrastructure and cloud capabilities by providing complex solution designs.
In this role your key responsibilities include:
- understanding our businesses requirements to develop complex IT solutions across multiple infrastructure technology platforms (on-premises & cloud)
- working closely with our dev/ops & core infrastructure services teams to deliver innovative solutions within an agile environment
- presenting and building support for proposed solutions with our business and senior IT stakeholders
- taking a leadership role in empowering our teams to move to the cloud service and getting the most out of Continuous Integration \ Continuous Development approaches.
To be successful in this role you will:
- demonstrate an understanding and adherence to enterprise risk management principles and technical standards
- be familiar with incident, problem and change management processes (ITIL-certified a plus)
- be able to proactively navigate conflict and changing priorities
- background in enterprise class infrastructure solutions design and delivery
- technical knowledge and proven experience of public/private cloud deployments
- depth of technical knowledge in one or more of the following areas, either as a hand-on engineer or manager of technical teams: Data Networks (Firewall/Load Balancers); UNIX Engineering; Database Administration; Windows Engineering; Cloud Technologies.
With us you'll be able to use your solution designer and consulting experience to help change the way we do things - we want your opinion on how we can go from strength to strength. You'll be a part of a team that loves the work they do and enjoys working with each other. The team is highly collaborative, works fast and is empowered to make decisions which result in the best product for our customers.
Please apply via the following link with your CV. Alternatively to find out more about the position at www.macquarie.com/careers or please email Nicky Bell @ email@example.com for further information.
The Corporate Operations Group (COG) brings together specialist support services including workplace, human resources, market operations and technology. COG's purpose is to drive operational excellence through business-aligned services with a focus on quality, cost and risk. COG comprises the following divisions: Business Improvement and Strategy, Business Services, Human Resources, Market Operations, and Technology.
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
We facilitate a range of flexible working arrangements within our teams. Talk to us about what flexibility may be available. Our Technology Returner program is an opportunity for you to re-integrate yourself into the workforce following an extended professional career break. Find out more and apply at https://www.macquarie.com/au/about/careers/jobs/returner-program
Advertised: 18 Mar 2019 AUS Eastern Daylight Time