Senior Cloud Architect
DESCRIPTION Would you like a career that gives you opportunities to help customers and partners use cloud computing web services to do big new things faster, at lower cost? Do you like to work on-site in a variety of business environments, leading teams through high impact projects using the newest technology? Would you like to gain the deepest customer and partner insights on maximizing the value of cloud computing technologies?
At AWS, we're hiring highly technical cloud computing consultants to help our partners develop technical expertise and capacity, while also collaborating with our customers and partners on key engagements. Our consultants will deliver proof-of-concept projects, technical workshops, and lead implementation projects. These professional services engagements will focus on customer solutions such as, web applications, enterprise applications, HPC, batch processing and big data, archiving and disaster recovery, education and government.
• Expertise - Collaborate with AWS field sales, pre-sales, training and support teams to help partners and customers learn and use AWS services such as Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3), Amazon SimpleDB/RDS databases, AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM), etc.
• Solutions - Deliver on-site technical engagements with partners and customers. This includes participating in pre-sales on-site visits, understanding customer requirements, and proposing and delivering packaged offerings, and delivering custom solution engagements.
• Delivery - Engagements include short on-site projects proving the use of AWS services to support new distributed computing solutions that often span private cloud and public cloud services. Engagements will include migration of existing applications Amazon aims to be the most customer-centric company on earth. Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers critical applications for hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Customer facing skills to represent AWS well within the customer's environment and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management and risk mitigation
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
• Highly technical and analytical, possessing strong experience in IT platform implementation experience
• Working knowledge of software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile/iterative methodologies required
• Strong verbal and written communications skills and ability to lead effectively across organizations
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Track record of implementing AWS services in a variety of distributed computing, enterprise environments
• Integration of AWS cloud services with on-premise technologies from Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, HP, SAP etc.
• Experience with IT compliance and risk management requirements (eg. security, privacy, SOX, HIPPA etc.)
• Current hands-on software development or automation experience preferred; Internet-related business models preferred
• Familiarity with a broad range of enterprise infrastructure and application products
• Analysis and visualization tools capabilities