Senior Business Consultant
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- Experian Singapore
- 19 Apr 19
Senior Business Consultant
As Senior Business Consultant you'll work with directly with our clients and with Experian Account Directors and Technical Consultants to develop client solutions, drive value for our clients, and provide client-facing consulting support throughout the sales and delivery cycle.
This exciting role is for maternity leave cover but we can offer either full-time or fixed term contract options.
Experian helps our clients achieve and sustain significant growth. We do this by enabling clients to make analytics-based customer decisions that support their strategic goals. As experts in uniting business understanding with consumer and business information, analytics and strategy execution, we empower clients to optimise customer value and actively manage it over time. This role therefore has clear accountability for creating measurable value within our clients' organisations.
Purpose of Role
As a Senior Consultant you will be responsible for consulting with clients to
• identify and analyse their issues
• design and agree high level solutions
• provide continuity through the delivery process
This will involve
• supporting Sales through the sales process
• conducting client business and benchmarking reviews
• establishing client strategic roadmaps
• supporting and liaising with Delivery and the client through the delivery process
You will be experienced in and have an understanding of the credit risk industry and business-to-business sales, with an ability to build sustainable professional relationships. You will become a trusted advisor to senior leaders, internally and for our clients.
In addition, you will also have business and/or consulting experience in at least part of the credit lifecycle, from Customer Acquisition, to Customer Analytics and Account Management (strategies and models), and Collections. An understanding of the competitive landscape for Credit Services and Decision Analytics products and services would be beneficial.
We are looking for someone who has;
• Strong credit risk solutions and data services experience incl. an understanding of consumer credit data and its use within Financial Institutions
• Experience in defining and positioning solutions and service propositions across the credit lifecycle
• Demonstrated capability in driving outcomes in a professional services role
• Knowledge of systems capabilities, software platforms and processes.
• A diverse skillset - strong business acumen, IT, stakeholder management, project/change management skills
• Analytical and problem solving abilities
Experience and Attributes
• A minimum of 10 years' consulting, IT or relevant industry experience is required.
• Experience working with major Australian Financial Institutions, as an employee or through previous consulting or technical assignments - current big 4 bank relationships beneficial
• Operating and adapting in a fast paced environment
• Developing and sustaining internal/external customer relationships
• Providing thought leadership by bringing new and innovative ideas to assist the clients in attaining their business objectives
• Self-starter with demonstrated ability to execute
• Dealing with ambiguity
• Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills
• Experience with Consumer Credit Reporting, Decisioning and Analytical solutions
• Degree in business, statistics, or operations is preferred