Senior Business Analyst
- Sydney CBD
- May 19, 2021
Support the delivery and lead projects to embed this Financial service organisations Financial Crime framework policies and tools.
The role of the Senior Business Analyst is to analyse and document business requirements and facilitate outcomes which satisfy the objectives of our regulatory and compliance priorities - in particular our Financial Crime frameworks across the business. Rich collaboration, effective communication and the ability to effectively turn your analysis and insights into effective execution will be the key to success in this role. Key Responsibilities:
- Managing the development (definition, elicitation, prioritisation) of detailed requirements, processes and/or data/system specifications that will drive the desired business change
- Challenge existing business processes and requirements utilising analysis skills and critical thinking, engaging with stakeholders to influence outcomes that provide an improved operating environment.
- Review of obligations to translate into requirements
- Identify and measure areas for improvement across business processes.
- Solve complex problems as part of solution design.
- Contribute to team through knowledge transfer, engagement with other teams, meetings, workshops.
- Support development, training, internal communications, deployment and support activities associated with any process improvement or system implementation.
- Efficient management of stakeholders.
- Proven experience/background and strong understanding of current and proposed regulatory and legislative requirements.
- Solid, practical experience in the application of regulatory, compliance and industry standards.
- Ability and practical experience in risk compliance (especially in relation to privacy, KYC, AML obligations, Transaction Monitoring, Risk Assessments and Sanctions Screening).
- Demonstrated Financial Services experience
- Possesses a deeply analytical mind who is comfortable querying data, challenging the status quo, understanding complex environments.
- Proven ability to understand risks inherent or emerging in a business area, to assess the level of risk, and to develop and execute plans to mitigate risk.
- Exceptional experience managing diverse senior stakeholders across different business divisions.
- Knowledge of project management methodologies/disciplines.
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Experience in a range of Retail, Wholesale Fund Management, Platform and Corporate Superannuation Products.