Redstone Commodity Search focus on offering 360° search solutions to the global commodities markets. With a competitive coverage of Trading Houses, Producers, Majors, Utilities, Merchants, Hedge Funds, Investment Banks and Brokerages; Redstone Commodity Search can confidently offer you an edge in today’s volatile market.
Redstone Commodity Search are working with a global business intelligence company, looking to hire a Senior Base Metals Analyst to join the commercial team in Sydney, Australia.
Key Responsibilities / Tasks
- Responsible for developing Client’s base metals presence in Australia, building relationships with customers in the region to support and manager their information needs.
- Possess a clear understanding of the base metals market, providing detailed answers to customers whilst maintaining existing relationships with customers to ensure a high renewal rate.
- Have a broad knowledge in subjects including; concentrate markets, refined metal markets and mine costs.
- Produce analysis on developments in mine, smelter and refinery output, marginal costs, operational competitiveness, project evaluation and the cost structure of the industry.
- Directly reporting to the Head of Base Metals.
Key Qualifications / Experience
- The ability to critically analyse “soft” and “hard” data. Quickly identify key trends in order to generate perceptive conclusions and unique insight.
- Have a good understanding of the base metals mining industry, with an ability to grasp key technical and financial aspects of mining and processing.
- Commercially aware, seeking ways to maximise revenue/profit whilst generating the best value for clients.
- A top degree (first or 2:1) from a top British university or equivalent level qualification in a relevant discipline from a leading university outside the UK
- Located in Sydney, Australia