Senior Associate or Associate Director
- Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Salary: Excellent
- Job Type: Full time
$20bn+ global infrastructure fund. The role sits 2IC within the office. Eligible for carry in the short/medium term.
Based on a raft of promotions both internally and to overseas offices, there is an opportunity for either a Senior Associate or Associate Director to join the team, acting as 2ic within the team with main responsibilities of originating and executing transactions.
Reporting to the Investment Director (and head of office), the role responsibilities are as follows:
- Together with the Investment Director, the Snr Associate/Associate Director has responsibility of originating investment opportunities including networking within target markets, and other market participants within the debt, equity, financial/tax/legal advisory community.
- Contribution and oversight of deal analysis, key metrics, and presentation to the overseas investment committee.
- Lead of deal execution, negotiating terms with consortia partners.
- Some responsibility to monitor portfolio assets and SPVs.
- Periodic, and deal related reporting into heads of funds based overseas.
- Although the team is based in Australia, there is alignment with the various global funds which can often result in the Australian team members contributing strongly to investment processes in other regions. This may result in on the ground assistance, mainly in Europe (more likely), US (less likely).
- Minimal overseas travel, mainly to head office (London), likely at least once a year.
We are targeting:
- Investment banking/financial advisors, infrastructure funds, candidates that are in appropriate transactional teams within infrastructure corporates or big 4 accounting firms, project finance lenders.
- Sector exposure – strong preference for power, utilities, water, gas pipeline, renewables, PPPs.
- Excellent analysis and commercial skills.
- Ideally 5-10 years’ experience.
You must have full working rights for Australia to be considered for this role.