- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia
- 24 Sep 17
Senior Associate, Trade Solutions, Cash Flow & Transaction Services
Senior Associate, Trade Solutions, Cash Flow & Transaction ServicesJob no: 993050
Work type: Permanent full time
Location: Sydney CBD Area
Categories: Institutional Banking
At CommBank, we never lose sight of the role we play in other people's financial wellbeing. Our focus is to help people and businesses move forward, to progress. To make the right financial decisions and achieve their dreams, targets and aspirations.
Each of us globally is dedicated to offering outstanding service, excellent advice and intuitive solutions to help our customers manage their finances in the ways they want to. Regardless of where you work within our organisation, your initiative, talent, ideas and energy all contribute to the impact that we can make with our work. Together we can achieve great things.
Institutional Banking and Markets (IB&M) is responsible for managing the Group's relationships with major corporate and government clients and institutional investors, and provides a full range of capital raising, transactional and risk management products and services. The division also performs an important internal role for the Group by providing equities, markets, lending and transaction banking execution capabilities to other CBA business units that allows them to capture opportunities with business customers.
Cash-flow and Transaction Services (CTS) delivers dynamic banking solutions to improve our clients' businesses and support Australia's economic development.
Cash-flow and Transaction Services is comprised of six areas, Commerce & Platforms, Transaction Banking Solutions, Cash Management & Payment Solutions, Global Trade & Supply Chain Finance, Chief Operating Office and Strategic Projects. These businesses develop and support products for working capital needs, drive transaction banking sales and drive growth in our trade finance and international payments business.
Your impact & contribution:
You'll work in our team to service existing and new to bank clients for all their trade finance needs:
- Support Sales Channels and Trade Sales Specialists
- Have awareness of trends and developments in the Trade environment
- Service all client requirements with best possible service
- Repeat client business by processing work in a timely manner and meeting or exceeding client turnaround times
- Minimise operational losses
- Improve productivity through reviewing policy, process and procedures
- Meet or exceed finance budgets of the GTF business
- Build relationships internally with Trade Sales, Trade Solutions, Trade Product Management, Relationship Executives, Global Markets, Finance and Operations.
- Develop knowledge base around the GTF market in terms of competition and industry changes.
You'll be responsible for working within a team that manages the end to end delivery of Trade Solutions across the Group working closely with Sales, Product and Operations you will:
- Providing exceptional service to clients on their trade finance needs, including exports, imports, trade advances
- Transaction processing of traditional and structured trade finance products
- Facility implementation of traditional and structured trade finance products
- Assist with client account management in defending and growing client base
- Supporting sales channels and trade sales specialists
- Collaboration with product management, operations and sales teams to ensure growth
- Awareness and interest in trends and developments in the trade environment
- We offer flexibility in this role, however at peak periods you will be required to work longer hours
Your experience and qualifications:
- Knowledge of the global trade environment and the domestic trade industry, including International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) and Uniform Customs and Practice for Documentary Credits (UCP) rules
- Knowledge and understanding of the Australian and global banking regulatory and compliance environments
- Knowledge of all trade finance processes, the trade settlement process, the documentation and systems used internationally to facilitate trade finance.
- Contribute to improving client service by improving processes and reducing errors
- Understanding of risk management covering Operational Risk, Compliance, Credit Risk, Sovereign Risk, Market Risk
- Financial and technical literacy
- Strong communication skills and customer empathy will be key
At CommBank, we're committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce reflecting the customers, businesses and communities we serve. As a value's driven organisation, we nurture and support our people; through focussing on skill and talent development, collaboration, flexibility and internal promotion. With service in mind at every touch point, we take accountability for the role we play in securing and enhancing the financial wellbeing of people, businesses and communities. At CommBank you can be you.
Please apply online to be considered for this role. Have a question about your application, our process or what happens next? Click here for some of the most commonly asked questions about applying for a role at CommBank.
We value you and won't leave you hanging. Our advertising closes 14th September but expect to hear from us within a week of the closing date. Best of luck!
Advertised: 31 Aug 2017 AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 28 Sep 2017 AUS Eastern Standard Time
It's our people's talent, initiative, ideas and energy that help us achieve great things, together.