- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia
- 18 Feb 18
Senior Associate, Structured Asset Finance Analysis, Business & Corporate Finance, Sydney
Senior Associate, Structured Asset Finance Analysis, Business & Corporate Finance, SydneyJob no: 999167
Work type: Permanent full time
Location: Sydney CBD Area
Categories: Institutional Banking
At CommBank, we never lose sight of the role we play in other people's financial well-being. Our focus is to help people and businesses move forward, to progress. To make the right financial decisions and achieve their dreams, targets and aspirations.
Each of us globally is dedicated to offering outstanding service, excellent advice and intuitive solutions to help our customers manage their finances in the ways they want to. Regardless of where you work within our organisation, your initiative, talent, ideas and energy all contribute to the impact that we can make with our work. Together we can achieve great things.
Institutional Banking and Markets (IB&M) is responsible for managing the Group's relationships with major corporate and government clients and institutional investors, and provides a full range of capital raising, transactional and risk management products and services. The division also performs an important internal role for the Group by providing equities, markets, lending and transaction banking execution capabilities to other CBA business units that allows them to capture opportunities with business customers.
Our purpose is to enhance our clients' success through market-leading capabilities and unique insights. It's part of our DNA.
Business and Corporate Finance delivers dynamic banking solutions to improve our clients' businesses and support Australia's economic development.
Our goals are:
- To deliver undisputed best solutions through customer centric design and delivery
- To be recognised as a great place for personal growth and fostering talent
- To deliver sustainably superior financial performance and productivity
Your impact & contribution:
To work within the Execution team supporting the Structured Asset Finance Group, with responsibility from a financial & quantitative perspective for the analysis and structuring of highly complex leasing and asset finance transaction models.
- Perform analysis of the financial viability of projects using either externally provided financial models or by writing the appropriate model.
- Price new lease structures and provide forecasts of accounting results using a combination of excel models and lease analysis software.
- Develop strong network (internally and to the market) to develop an in-depth understanding of client and target needs.
- Provide model outputs to assist with the commercial & risk management review process. Ensure results are accurate and appropriate for decision making purposes.
- Contribute to idea generation, knowledge capture and continuous improvement.
- Be actively sought as deal team member. Develop effective working relationships. Demonstrate reliability and trust and contribute to a positive team environment.
- Prioritise and apply project management principles to effectively carry out your accountabilities in relation to your resources including planning, decision-making, implementation, monitoring of outcomes, and reporting. Leverage Bank experience and deliver best practice execution of tasks.
- Continue personal development training/development through internal and external courses to ensure effective personal growth opportunities.
- Provide superior service aligned with the client's needs and the organisation's business objectives.
Your experience and qualifications:
- Tertiary qualifications in a finance, numerical, or business related discipline.
- Experience in Actuarial or similar quantitative analytical skills/experience.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Word, Excel and lease analysis software.
- Client management skills.
- Good knowledge of financial instruments, lending products and services.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
At CommBank, we're committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce reflecting the customers, businesses and communities we serve. As a value's driven organisation, we nurture and support our people; through focussing on skill and talent development, collaboration, flexibility and internal promotion. With service in mind at every touch point, we take accountability for the role we play in securing and enhancing the financial well-being of people, businesses and communities. At CommBank you can be you. Please apply online to be considered for this role.
Have a question about your application, our process or what happens next? Click here for some of the most commonly asked questions about applying for a role at CommBank.
We value you and won't leave you hanging. Our advertising closes 28 February 2018 but expect to hear from us within a week of the closing date. Best of luck!
Advertised: 14 Feb 2018 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 28 Feb 2018 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
It's our people's talent, initiative, ideas and energy that help us achieve great things, together.