Overview Bring your ideas. Make history.
BNY Mellon offers an exciting array of future-forward careers at the intersection of business, finance, and technology. We are one of the world's top asset management and banking firms that manages trillions of dollars in assets, custody and/or administration. Known as the "bank of banks" - 97% of the world's top banks work with us as we lead and serve our customers into the new era of digital.
With over 238 years of rich history and industry firsts, BNY Mellon has been built upon our proven ability to evolve, lead, and drive new ideas at every turn. Today, we're approximately 50,000 employees across 35 countries with a culture that empowers you to grow, take risks, experiment and be yourself. This is what #LifeAtBNYMellon
is all about.
We're seeking a future team member for the role of Senior Associate, Full Stack Engineer
to join the Milestone Group
. This role is located in Sydney (Hybrid).
Milestone Group is a well-established, international financial services Fintech and leading specialist in the supply of technology solutions and services to the investment management industry. With a strong global network, we provide next generation Fund Processing, NAV Solutions and Asset Allocation technology enabled solutions to a range of clients in Asia Pacific and around the world including Investment Managers, Banks, Life Companies, Pension Funds, Custodians and Fund Administrators.
The Full Stack Engineer will be responsible for the co-ordination, planning, management and monitoring of internal integrations into our release cycles for the pControl platform.
The ideal candidate will possess expert skills to organise and manage internal stakeholders across all aspects of release management, while utilising your Jira skills.
You will work within the Product organisation alongside Product managers, Product Quality Assurance, Technology & Deployment and Professional Services to maintain and manage Product releases, which include:
In this role, you'll make an impact in the following ways:
- Implementing technology solutions in line with best practices and to agreed timeframes.
- Collaborate effectively with product and UI/UX teams, providing valuable input to design efforts.
- Providing technical input to the strategic direction of technology investments.
- Actively participate in planning sessions and retrospectives.
- Troubleshoot and resolve production issues as needed.
- Work with containerization technologies.
- Identify opportunities for process and codebase improvements and propose effective solutions.
- Proactively highlighting potential project risks and issues, actively contributing to problem-solving and decision-making processes.
To be successful in this role, we're seeking the following:
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience as a Full Stack Engineer.
- Proficiency in Java programming and experience with Java-based frameworks (e.g., Spring, Spring Boot).
- Understanding of micro-services-oriented architecture and designing RESTful APIs.
- Experience with database management, SQL, and familiarity with relational databases (e.g., Postgres, SQL Server and Oracle).
- Experience with AWS technologies (Lambda, EC2, RDS, API Gateway, etc) and containerization (e.g., Docker).
- Proficiency in the complete software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Effective communication skills for collaborating with peers, business analysts, and subject matter experts.
- Java 17, Hibernate, Spring, Springboot, Kryo, Docker, Gradle
- Hazelcast in-memory data grid
- Web UI - ReactJS, AG-GRID, React-bootstrap
- Agile environment using tools such as Jenkins, Jira, Bitbucket, GitLab and IntelliJ
- Database agnostic product with development on Postgres, SQL Server and Oracle.
- Eventing technologies, Kafka/MQ
- AWS Stack currently comprised of:
- RDS (Aurora and MSSQL)
- Development on high performance distributed systems
- Experience with both real time and batch systems
- Background in an agile Scrum environment with a focus on Test-Driven Development (TDD).
- Familiarity with modern development tools and practices, including CI/CD pipelines.
- Exposure to React JS front-end technology.
- Demonstrated ability to work with customers and collaborate across company boundaries.
- Proven adaptability to new technologies and learn quickly.
At BNY Mellon, our inclusive culture speaks for itself. Here's a few of our awards:
- Fortune World's Most Admired Companies & Top 20 for Diversity and Inclusion
- Bloomberg's Gender Equality Index (GEI)
- Best Places to Work for Disability Inclusion , Disability: IN - 100% score
- 100 Best Workplaces for Innovators, Fast Company
- Human Rights Campaign Foundation, 100% score Corporate Equality Index
- CDP's Climate Change 'A List'
BNY Mellon offers highly competitive compensation, benefits, and wellbeing programs rooted in a strong culture of excellence and our pay-for-performance philosophy. We provide access to flexible global resources and tools for your life's journey. Focus on your health, foster your personal resilience, and reach your financial goals as a valued member of our team, along with generous paid leaves that can support you and your family through moments that matter.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Underrepresented racial and ethnic groups/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.