Senior Associate, Employment Compliance Law - Sydney/Melbourne
- Connect locally and globally from anywhere using our advanced technology solutions
- Balance work and passions through our innovative flexible work options
- Work with a team of collaborators, innovators and the brightest minds in the industry
https://www.ey.com/au/transformativeage The opportunity
We are looking for a Lawyer/ Senior Associate - Employment Compliance within the EY Law team in our Sydney Office. This role is offered on a flexible full time basis.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our leading EY Law practice where you will have the chance to work with high profile organisations on a range of diverse and interesting employment law compliance matters. Your key responsibilities:
Skills and attributes for success:
- Providing high quality employment compliance advice to internal and external clients (both in Australia and internationally).
- Reviewing and interpreting awards, enterprise agreements and employment legislation.
- Drafting interpretative rules for awards and enterprise agreements.
- Conducting BOOT analysis for compliance projects in relation to awards, enterprise agreements and legislation.
- Advising and representing clients in relation to employees under payment of employee entitlement matters.
- Advising clients in relation to employee classification under awards and enterprise agreements.
Ideally, you'll also have:
- Minimum 5 years PQE
- Industry experience in dealing with employee entitlement matters.
- Demonstrated experience in in award, enterprise agreement and legislation interpretation and analysis.
- Excellent technical ability and strong commercial acumen
- A positive approach and can-do attitude
Who are EY Law?
- Experience in an Australian top-tier, mid-tier, boutique employment law firm or Big 4 legal practice or with the FairWork Ombudsman or FairWork Commission
- The ability to run matters with limited supervision, but with ultimate partner sign off
- A detailed understanding and demonstrative knowledge of Australian employment law
We are part of the expanding EY legal network which is an international law firm with offices in the Asia-Pacific region, Europe, the Middle East and the Americas. EY Law has a truly global footprint, comprising over 2200 lawyers across 80 countries. Whether acting for a client in a single legal capacity or as part of a formal multi-service EY engagement, our direct access to EY's international network ensures clients receive an efficient, streamlined and cost-effective service.
We work closely with our assurance , tax , transaction and advisory colleagues, we draw on extensive experience beyond the borders of law to provide multidisciplinary services. Our Law network brings together legal specialists around the world, and is continuing to grow at a rapid rate. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Learn more about EY Law here What working at EY offers
Who we are
- Formal or informal flexible working options e.g. remote working, flexible start and finish times - https://www.ey.com/au/eyflexibility
- Career and learning development e.g. EY badges ( https://www.ey.com/gl/eybadges ), career mentoring
- An extensive range of wellbeing and benefit offerings e.g. Salary packaging, parental leave and support, health checks
EY is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer ( https://www.ey.com/au/eydiversityInclusion ) offering a vast range of internal networks including Ability EY, our disability network, Unity, our LGBTI network and our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander network enabling us all to embrace and value the diverse society we live within. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application via email@example.com or +61 1800 017 666.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now!
The preferred applicant will be subject to employment screening by EY or by their external third party provider.
© 2019 Ernst & Young Australia. All Rights Reserved. Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation.