Senior Architect - Cloud Foundations
Atlassian is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. Everyone new to the team, along with our current staff, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
Atlassian is a leading provider of collaboration, development, and issue tracking software for teams. With over 100,000 global customers (including 85 of the Fortune 100), we're advancing the power of collaboration with products including Jira, Jira Service Desk, Confluence, Bitbucket, Trello, and more. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, we're out to unleash the potential of every team.
This role is one of a kind within Atlassian and a Principal individual contributor on the core of Atlassian's cloud platform. Meaningful, constantly evolving, rewarding, and vital to our mission to advancing teamwork through the power of software and cloud. In addition to bringing unparalleled technical acuity and know-how, your most important function is to inspire teams to creatively engage and solve some of Atlassian's most sophisticated and future-thinking issues across our tech stack.
As the principal PaaS architect, you will bring your cloud platform and cloud-native expertise. We are looking for someone to be forward-thinking, strategic and influence others to bring Atlassian to the next level with huge impact to the company. You are a key part of supporting and bringing the Atlassian story to teams across products, both internally and externally.
Our PaaS Architect role will be located in our Sydney office. You will partner with multi-functional peers to effectively influence and direct tech-stack strategy, our technical vision, and goals.
Specifically, you will focus on the development and advancement of Atlassian's PaaS, including application development lifecycle, tooling, and core public cloud capabilities.
In this role, you'll get to:
- Define and drive the overall enterprise PaaS strategic vision and architecture, such as platform roadmap, service roadmap, and technology selection
- Develop architectures that are inherently secure, robust, scalable, modular, API-centric and global
- Drive common architectural patterns that have cross-team/cross-product dev impact
- Ensure that all relevant project teams utilise a standard set of technology frameworks, libraries and follow a common set of principles and patterns
- Provide leadership across the architecture community to ensure solutions are built in alignment with platform principles and standards
- Mentor world-class engineering team members
- Apply forward-looking architecture that help increase execution velocity
- Define deployment topology by working with peers across the technology organisation
- Optimise the use of Atlassian cloud infrastructure
- Lead the design of new cloud technologies by partnering with application, security & cloud platform teams (i.e. network, security, operations) to build complete cloud offerings
- Evaluate cloud technology alternatives and make a case for the best approach based on industry, customer and company requirements
- Collaborate with cybersecurity architecture teams to transform and drive DevOps automation and secure development, CI/CD, and delivery processes
- Design high availability, disaster recovery, and backup strategies to meet application & business objectives
- Create and maintain Architectural Drawings and Documentation
- Provide key architecture vision, roadmap, integration and problem-solving at an enterprise-wide level
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
More about our benefits
- 8+ years of experience engineering and architecting technology stacks such as Web/Middle/Data tiers, CI/CD dev paradigms, Open source platforms, monitoring/diagnostics platforms and extensive experience working with public cloud platforms
- 10+ years of experience leading at the conceptual/planning level of the infrastructure and application architecture in collaboration with other development, information security, and platform teams
- 5+ years of experience architecting and delivering solutions at scale on PaaS platforms
- DevOps automation and Continuous delivery experience - infrastructure automation, monitoring, logging, auditing, and security implementation & practices
- The ability to articulate deep understanding of benefits/drawbacks of different integration and cloud migration patterns
- Experience implementing cloud-native technologies and trends at scale (containers, container orchestration, serverless, microservices)
- Experience leveraging and implementing cloud-native applications and distributed system patterns technologies & methods at scale.
- Proven knowledge of successful design, architecture, and development of distributed data storage and processing
- The ability to architect simple yet innovative solutions that successfully translate business requirements into reusable technology solutions
- Strong experience with public cloud technologies including IaaS and PaaS offerings
- Extensive experience as a Solutions Architect
- Strong experience with cloud infrastructure & hosting, provisioning, configuration technologies and vendors
- The ability to influence development teams and senior stakeholders to gain support for delivering solutions against standardized methodologies
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more. More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team . Additional Information
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.