Senior Android Engineer
We are searching for talented Senior Android Mobile Engineers to join our team and work with our clients to create intuitive, data-driven and technology enabled experiences for their customers and employees. The role
A Senior Android Mobile Engineer in the Digital Experience Platforms Community will work closely with our clients and other engineers to develop intuitive digital products and services that meet the needs of humans. We're looking for a passionate mobile engineer with strong communication skills to co-create next generation digital products and services with clients and colleagues. What does success look like?
● Mobile development experience for large, secure, enterprise applications
● Excellent and demonstrated experience in Android development with Kotlin
● Ability to deliver in large multi-disciplined Agile development teams and an understanding of Agile development methodology and development practices such as BDD, TDD, Kanban, Lean, etc
● Integrating with Android SDKs using Kotlin (preferred) or Java
● Developing complex UI designs using Android Studio IDE and AndroidX/Jetpack framework libraries
● REST APIs and experience in integrating with them using Retrofit and RxJava & RxAndroid or Kotlin Coroutines
● Protocol-oriented programming, writing test cases (with a BDD framework such as Spek) as well as using source code management software within a programming team.
● Experience architecting apps using a CLEAN architecture pattern - and an understanding of MVVM architecture and MVP architecture for UI layer development.
If you feel this opportunity suits you, or Cognizant is the type of organization you would like to join, we want to have a conversation with you! Please apply directly with us. a complete list of open opportunities with Cognizant, visit http://www.cognizant.com/careersCognizant is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities. Successful candidates will be required to undergo a background check.