Senior Analyst Finance - Group Management and Board Reporting
Colonial First State Financial Services (CFS Finance) partner with all areas of the business to provide specialist advice on financial management and strategy. This advice covers finance, audit, treasury, investor relations, and property.
CBA has entered into an agreement with KKR to sell a 55% interest in its superannuation and investments business CFS). CBA will retain a 45% shareholding in CFS.
The sale is expected to complete in the first half of 2021. As this is a role to work in the CFS business, the successful candidate will initially be employed by the CBA Group but on sale completion, their employment will transfer to a new entity that will employ the CFS business employees from completion. See yourself in our team
Due to internal secondment's to support the separation process we are hiring a number of Managers within our Business Partnering Function. These roles play an integral part of a dedicated team that provides strategic and tactical financial leadership to support the CFS and CBA senior executives.
The role will have emphasis on the areas including but not limited to management reporting, planning & forecasting, financial insights & analysis, expense management & analysis and decision support. This role is the industry subject matter expert within the team. Do work that matters
We're interested in hearing from people who have:
- Partner with the Strategy & Transformation team, Leadership and other decision support functions to support the strategic planning process, including planning under SPS 515.
- Partner with other decision support functions to develop a holistic view of performance, risks and opportunities (e.g. Risk, HR Services, Strategy & Transformation, Legal).
- Partner with Leadership team to provide consolidated Group level insights and develop initiatives and actions to address risks and opportunities and deliver the strategy.
- Ensure integrity of financial data and reporting and maintain financial controls and relevant framework appropriate to the business. Adhere to the compliance of Group policies including Group Reconciliation Policy.
- Build strong relationships and collaborate across teams to understand performance, risks and opportunities, and provide insights.
- Work across the Business Partner team to understand performance, risks and opportunities across the business, and the status and benefits of strategic initiatives.
- Experience of Group Management and Board Reporting and deep industry knowledge and expertise is required.
- Developing strategic thinking and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated experience partnering with business stakeholders.
- Ability to put a concise commercial lens onto complex issues.
- Developing interpersonal and communication skills with demonstrable achievements in managing complex situations where the ability to positively influence others to achieve optimal outcomes is paramount to achieving success.
- Post graduate accounting qualification (CA, CPA or equivalent).
- 3+ years' experience working within financial services (superannuation, funds management or general wealth management experience preferred). Within financial planning and analysis and in business role would be preferred.
CBA has entered into an agreement with KKR to sell a 55% interest in its CFS superannuation and investments business for total cash consideration of $1.7billion (implying a total valuation of $3.3billion). CBA will retain a 45% shareholding in CFS.
KKR is a leading global investment firm that manages multiple alternative asset classes, including private equity, energy, infrastructure, real estate and credit, with strategic partners that manage hedge funds. KKR aims to generate attractive investment returns for its fund investors by following a patient and disciplined investment approach, employing world-class people, and driving growth and value creation with KKR portfolio companies.
The sale is expected to complete in the first half of 2021. As this is a role to work in the CFS business, the successful candidate will initially be employed by the CBA Group but on sale completion, their employment will transfer to a new entity that will employ the CFS business employees from completion.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We're keen to support you with the next step in your career.
Advertising End Date: 08/07/2021