Senior Analyst - Insights
Retail Banking Services (RBS) is the public face of CommBank, delivering a seamless banking experience for the future, to our 10 million + personal and small business customers. We offer market-leading products and services, supported by some of the world's best systems and processes. Your Team:
The Insights team supports RBS Consumer Finance through data driven analyses and insights to optimise business performance and improve customer outcomes. The team forms part of a broader Analytics team, which includes a Pricing and Modelling team.
The Insights team delivers customer centric and commercially focused insights in a timely manner to aid in (strategic) decision making. The team proactively identifies opportunities, undertakes the financial impact analysis and collaborates with the business to meet the strategic goals for the Consumer Finance businesses.
Our team culture is centred on collaboration, growth, sharing new ideas and innovation. Your I mpact & Contribution:
- Your business acumen, technical knowhow and problem-solving skills will enable you to deliver insights and analysis to help drive the strategic direction of Consumer Finance.
- Your top-down approach, underpinned by commercial awareness and stakeholder management skills will allow you to work with the business to provide clarity and challenge, becoming a trusted advisor to the business and deliver actionable insights in a low risk manner and in accordance with broader RBS policies.
- Your excellent communication skills will help you work across Consumer Finance and DDS to drive growth and meet the strategic objectives of the business. Through innovation, and stakeholder management you will drive results and be able to demonstrate the contribution of your initiatives to the success of the business.
The role is responsible for delivering strategic analytics that address business needs. Projects will include problem solving and opportunity identification across product, customer, channel and reporting with a focus on profit drivers, opportunity sizing, business case support and investigative analysis.
Key responsibilities include:
Your Skills & Experience:
- Drive the delivery of actionable value-add insights and recommendations to key stakeholders
- Take ownership and following up on deliverables with other teams in RBS to ensure insights are actioned in an optimal way to drive better business and customer outcomes, in suitable timeframes.
- Build trust with stakeholders to become an advisor in order to facilitate and drive fact-based action
- Present findings and recommendations to management and key stakeholders using appropriate techniques, employing commercial acumen and excellent communication skills to persuade and influence
- Help build an open, feedback-driven culture of constant development and constructive challenging
- Adhere to the Code of Conduct . The Code of Conduct sets the standards of behaviour, actions and decisions we expect from our people.
- Top-down thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and stakeholder engagement skills
- Ability to perform technical & business analyses relatively independently
- Experience in delivering insights projects that lead to business impact
- Willingness to give and receive feedback and passion for continuous learning
- Experience in using data to persuade and influence senior stakeholders
- Solid team player with a positive outlook and a drive to challenge status-quo and drive better outcomes
- Risk Mindset -All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks.
- 3+ years' of experience in Data Analysis & Insight
- Analytical certification is advantageous
- Proficient in SQL
- Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Consulting experience or mindset is a plus
- Some retail banking & unsecured lending knowledge is a plus
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We're keen to support you with the next step in your career.
Advertising End Date: 07/05/2021