Senior Analyst - Actionable Insights & MI
The Senior Analyst - Insights & MI will play a key role in supporting credit cards, consumer lending and retail banking businesses in generating management reports and dashboards along with providing value added actionable insights mined from these reports. These value added insights further act as early warnings for any corrective actions or feed into Advanced Analytics team for further deep dives where required or may result in solution development by the Analytics team as needed.
The incumbent will be responsible in providing more detailed MI on key performance metrics across customer lifecycle, segments, product portfolios, channels, marketing, research, digital banking etc
This role is also responsible in designing and visualisation of dashboards based on the needs of the stakeholders and constantly identify opportunities to automate the reports and find avenues to enhance operational efficiencies.
The role holder take ownership and responsibility in providing commissions reporting for white labelled partners, partner dashboards, campaign reporting, scheme reporting and rewards provisioning reports along with other key business performance related reports.
The Senior Analyst - MI will Support Senior Manager - MI in the roll out of reporting needs both regular and adhoc, work with offshore teams to ensure quality and timely delivery of a suite of agreed MI, Insights and key highlights on business performance. ACCOUNTABILITIES
Key Skill Requirements
- As MI Analyst :
- Support development of MI by identifying right data sources, tools, processes, visualisation for internal stakeholder.
- Provide business insights on key business indicators, generate graphical visualisation where necessary, highlight key trends and share early warnings as they emerge.
- Acting as conduit for all local and regional MI related initiatives
- As a Change Agent :
- Being proactive in foreseeing and acting on franchise initiatives that impact the business, work with the offshore for change and drive actions that embed the change
- As a Control agent :
- Be audit ready at all times and ensure the processes are adhered to as set in the Policies & Procedures document
- Identify and contribute to tightening of controls along with policies & procedures where required
- Ensure adequate controls are in place from maker-checker, reference back to P&L, reference back to host systems to ensure accurate and timely information is produced
- Ensure adherence to controls against activity performed
- As a Senior Analyst :
- Mentor, Coach junior analysts
- Engage and support off-shore teams
- Work collaboratively with other units of Data & Analytics team and engage early on to avoid any last minute surprise
- Institutionalise the governance process
- Preferably a degree with strong academic background in Business Management, Finance, Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science or any other quantitative background.
- At least 7+ years of experience in generating business insights or management reporting or analytics function or a combination of all preferably in financial services industry.
- Prior work experience in handling high volume databases preferably in a data warehouse environment. Experience in distributed computing environments like big data preferably Hadoop will be an added advantage
- Prior work experience on SAS, SQL, Tableau at advance levels is a must
- High levels of competency in Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint (VBA is an advantage)
- Work experience in Python is preferable
- Good understanding of P&L, balance sheet and drivers of revenue will be a key differentiator. Experience of working on the business side and understanding of business needs will be an added advantage
- Experience of mentoring off-shore teams will be an added advantage.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills and able to present insights to C-suite and senior stakeholders, influence business decision through adoption of outcomes from MI insights.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a team player. Cohesively work with other team members in a team environment
- Ability to work under demanding timelines, attention to detail and produce error free results
- Accountability - Takes accountability for self and drives accountability of team members in generating timely deliverables.
- Quality - Drives a quality culture with no tolerance to sub-standard outputs and produce error free outputs
- Analysis and Decision Making - Identify and understand issues, opportunities and develop appropriate solutions
- Build Effective Working Relationships - Develop and use collaborative relationships to accomplish business goals
- Business Focus - Demonstrates an understanding of the business and customers
- Communicates Effectively - Communicates in a way that is clear, concise and easily understood with impact and credibility
- Leadership Disposition - Demonstrate qualities expected of a Senior Analyst by inspiring confidence and trust in others.
- Leads Change and Innovation - Identify organizational requirements for future success and engage in those activities
- Manages own Performance - Takes responsibility for managing own performance by actively seeking development and feedback
- Market, Sales and Customer Focus - Create and seize opportunities that provide superior returns for shareholders
When you work at Citi, you'll be working for an organisation that truly has a global footprint and a powerful network that spans the globe. We celebrate individual ingenuity and leverage the diversity of our people in order to drive high performance. Through dedicated support, training and resources, we promote our talent and future leaders to bring about lasting and positive impact. Citi continues to be an Employer of Choice for Women and supports a flexible work environment.
Citi has entered into an agreement with NAB to acquire its consumer bank in Australia which includes residential mortgages, deposits, and unsecured lending.
The sale is expected to complete in March 2022. As this is a role to work in Citi's consumer bank, the successful candidate will initially be employed by Citi, but on sale completion, their employment will transfer to a NAB (or) a new entity that will employ Citi's consumer bank employees, prior to their transfer to NAB. Job Family Group:
Decision Management Job Family:
Data/Information Management Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting