Do work that matters
- You're motivated & always thinking outside of the box
- We are passionate about offering our staff work life balance
- Together we place customers at the centre of what we do
You will join the Chief Data Office (CDO) team and contribute towards our goal of realising a data-driven enterprise by making it simpler and easier to consume trusted data through enterprise-wide consumption patterns of Modelling, Insights, Reporting and Extracts using the latest tools, techniques and control environment.
We are a division comprised of engineers, business analysts, scrum masters, product and delivery specialists, project managers, service managers and a wide variety of data analysts and data scientists.
Together we will develop the Group's data consumption strategy, transform production and protection of the enterprise's data asset and mature data risk management with Data Management 2.0. We also strive to build a leading data and analytics culture, which will enable CBA to be the bank of tomorrow. See yourself in the team
Our vision for the Business Intelligence and Data Science (BIDS) team is to deliver world-class analytics and data science to enable CBA to be the bank of tomorrow.
We will achieve this through commitment to our five goals:
- Empower ES and its divisions to achieve their goals
- Enable actionable insights to drive ES decisions
- Improve data quality and governance to be faster and safer
- Use data science to improve process
- Develop our people to have world class analytical capability
We live and breathe the CBA values of Care, Courage
. Our team is an inclusive, dynamic and high performing team where we have diversity of background and skillsets, share knowledge and support each other in a collaborative environment, which contributes to our Group Purpose: To improve the financial wellbeing of our customers and communities. Do work that matters
Your role as Senior Business Analyst liaises with risk, operations and technology in order to understand the structure, policies and operations of the organisation. You will assist in gathering information, documenting and the analysis of business needs and requirements to mitigate risk and create efficiencies for improvement in business operations and processes. The key accountabilities include:
We are interested in hearing from people who:
- Ensure technology solutions align with the Group's enterprise architecture
- Complete and oversee project work deliverables including quality control/sign off for area of accountability
- Work closely with stakeholders and change management to identify impacts to business processes as a result of system or application changes
- Identify project delivery issues and risks, assist with mitigation strategies, and escalate where necessary
- Evaluate effectiveness of Solution Delivery Life Cycle (SDLC) tools, processes and methodologies, and make recommendations for continuous improvement
- Analyse and document business/functional processes and requirements using standard analysis methodologies and tools
- Perform system and data quality testing
- Perform data analysis using Tableau, Power BI, SQL and Excel
- Adhere to the Code of Conduct . The Code of Conduct sets the standards of behaviour, actions and decisions we expect from our people
- Have extensive IT and individual contributor experience
- Have extensive hands-on experience in requirements gathering, functional and application specifications, systems testing and data analysis
- Have Financial Services Industry experience
- Have experience working in business/technology enabled change programs/projects
- Have extensive understanding of risk practices in the industry
- Have strong SQL, ETL and data concepts. Ability to render data analysis to business stakeholders
- Have experience in OMNIA and Teradata ( desirable )
- Have experience in authoring and owning functional requirements and system integration documents
- Have experience in multiple large transformation programs with multiple delivery streams
- Have experience executing project deliverables in an Agile environment.
- Have an understanding of BABOK® Knowledge Areas.
- Have a Risk Mindset - All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks
If this sounds like you, apply now!
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We're keen to support you with the next step in your career.
Advertising End Date: 13/05/2021