Senior Accounting Analyst
Amazon is a fast-paced, dynamic, high-tech company based in Seattle. Amazon Singapore's accounting team is searching for an accounting professional who consistently exceeds expectations, who thrives in a challenging workplace, and who can actively contribute to our talented team.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Accounting Analyst to own the statutory reporting, audit process and controllership for certain countries across the APAC region. This position will partner with stakeholders across the global accounting, finance and tax organization to drive process improvement and automation initiatives, support business expansion and projects, review and understand financial performance, and assist in the identification of standards for global consistency. This role requires excellent communication and organization skills, including the ability to anticipate, identify and communicate risks to senior leadership across geographies and time zones.
• Annual financial statement preparation and leading audits across the region.
• Monthly local GAAP financial reporting close activities and analytical review.
• Supporting business expansion across the region.
• Evaluate, document and work with regional and US accounting teams to conclude on the local GAAP accounting for significant business events.
• Drive continuous improvement and identify, design and implement scalable processes.
• Develop and implement best practices that can be used globally.
• Identifying, articulating and communicating project and accounting operation risks to leadership, along with clear recommendations for resolution or mitigation.
In the spirit of reconciliation Amazon acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of country throughout Australia and their connections to land, sea and community. We pay our respect to their elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples today.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected attributes. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Degree in Accounting, CPA, Chartered Accountant or similar qualifications.
• 7+ years of combined experience in Big-4 public accounting and multi-national corporations.
• Experience managing financial or tax audits; or preparing external facing financial statements.
• Strong interpersonal and communications skills (including written English) and able to work effectively with APAC and Seattle teams.
• Sound knowledge of IFRS and US GAAP and ability to explain accounting concepts to non-accountants.
• Knowledge and understanding of internal controls and processes.
• Proven track record of identifying process improvements & supporting new business launches/initiatives. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Understanding of process automation technologies like VBA, RPA, Alteryx, Python, SQL, and Wdesk.
• Experience working in a US based public company with sales over $5 billion.
• Experience working in a fast paced environment similar to a high tech start-up.
• A demonstrated history of solving multiple and complex operational and accounting challenges.
• Experience in ERP or financial reporting systems like Oracle, HFM, Wdesk etc.
• Familiarity with lease accounting under IFRS16
• Excellent analytical skills.
• System integration experience.