Senior Accounting Analyst
DESCRIPTION There's never been a more exciting time to join Amazon!
Amazon Australia is growing at an exceptional rate as we work to create an awesome shopping experience for Australians. New team members are joining us every day in our mission to be the most customer-centric company on earth.
To reach our aspiration, we need talented, bright, and driven people just like you! If you'd like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history by joining Amazon Australia and take a first step towards building a brilliant career.
Amazon Australia's accounting team is searching for an accounting professional who consistently exceeds expectations, who thrives in a challenging workplace, and who can actively contribute to our talented team.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Accounting Analyst to own the statutory reporting, audit process and controllership for certain countries across the APAC region. This position will partner with stakeholders across the global accounting, finance and tax organization to drive process improvement and automation initiatives, support business expansion and projects, review and understand financial performance, and assist in the identification of standards for global consistency. This role requires excellent communication and organization skills, including the ability to anticipate, identify and communicate risks to senior leadership across geographies and time zones.
• Annual financial statement preparation and leading audits across the region.
• Monthly local GAAP financial reporting close activities and analytical review.
• Supporting business expansion across the region.
• Evaluate, document and work with regional and US accounting teams to conclude on the local GAAP accounting for business events.
• Drive continuous improvement and identify, design and implement scalable processes.
• Develop and implement best practices that can be used globally.
• Identifying, articulating and communicating project and accounting operation risks to leadership, along with clear recommendations for resolution or mitigation.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Degree in Accounting, CPA, Chartered Accountant or similar qualifications.
• 7+ years of combined experience in Big-4 public accounting and multi-national corporations.
• Experience managing financial or tax audits; or preparing external facing financial statements.
• Strong interpersonal and communications skills (including written English) and able to work effectively with APAC and Seattle teams.
• Sound knowledge of IFRS and US GAAP and ability to explain accounting concepts to non-accountants.
• Knowledge and understanding of internal controls and processes.
• Proven track record of identifying process improvements & supporting new business launch/initiatives.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Understanding of process automation technologies like VBA, RPA, Alteryx, Python, SQL, and Wdesk.
• Experience working in a US based public company with sales over $5 billion.
• Experience working in a fast paced environment similar to a high tech start-up.
• A demonstrated history of solving multiple and complex operational and accounting challenges.
• Experience in ERP or financial reporting systems like Oracle, HFM, Wdesk etc.
• Excellent analytical skills.
• System integration experience.