Sales Development Representative
Job Description The Role / Responsibilities:
We are seeking a motivated and energetic business development executive to drive lead generation activities throughout Australia and New Zealand.
The position is responsible for generating qualified, quality leads and opportunities to be referred to, and executed by the Australian Financial Institutions sales team. Further, the position will be responsible for working with MA Marketing, Product & Strategy functions to improve the quantity and quality of qualified leads. The position will also be responsible for co-ordinating RFP responses and ensuring up to date account plans for key and growth clients.
The role will cover the whole suite of the Moodyâ€™s Analyticsâ€™ product portfolio: research, data, financial modelsâ€™ software, training, knowledge and professional services, which will be divided between specific product-based campaigns and supporting the strategic sales objectives of the respective sales teams.
Specific duties will include:
- Executing cold and warm telephone campaigns to increase the awareness of, and interest in the Moodyâ€™s Analytics solutions.
- Employing consultative questioning techniques to uncover and generate customer and prospect needs.
- Working with the Marketing, Product & Strategy functions to generate demand generation campaigns, in consultation with the Australian sales leadership team.
- Referring detailed lead / opportunity details to the relevant relationship managers.
- Review, assess and suggest improvements to the demand generation process with a view to continually enhance the relevance and success of Moodyâ€™s Analytics outbound activities.
- Preparing and co-ordinating RFP responses and ensuring up to date account plans for key and growth clients.
- Representing Moodyâ€™s Analytics to the highest possible standards of integrity and upholding the companyâ€™s values and brand in all communications both internally and externally.
- Bachelorsâ€™ degree in Finance, Economics or a related business discipline, is preferred.
- The successful candidate will have a demonstrable track record of up to 3 years of success in a similar role, or relative experience within a B2B FI sales environment would be advantageous.
- Must be conversant in the disciplines of company information/data SaaS solutions, having an in-depth understanding of the various applications of these solutions across an organisation.
- Strong team player and able to work in a fast paced and diverse environment.
- Self-motivated, persevering and persuasive.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Creative problem-solving skills and ability to diagnose issues and develop solutions.
- Ability to multitask and meet short deadlines.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment, with focus and high attention to detail.
Moodyâ€™s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moodyâ€™s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.