- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- KPMG Australia
- 17 Jan 18
See job description for details
- We provide an agile work environment and a career that flexes to your lifestyle
- Rare opportunity to design, develop and deliver systems and reporting
- Deal with big data for this growing division
KPMG's Deals,Tax & Legal division is looking for a highly talented Junior SQL Developer to join the Delivery and Data eXcellence (DDX) team. As a new and innovative Centre of Excellence, our DDX team's responsibility is to bring value-add services to our clients through ground-breaking and technologically advanced tax practices.
Sitting within our DDX practice is our growing Data and Delivery team. At the forefront of tax automation this young, dynamic and agile team is the perfect next step for a Junior Developer!
Your new role
Responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the current Reporting Analyst and DDX Leadership team with the day-to-day reporting on milestones and deliverables of the DDX team;
- Design, Develop and Deliver technical and operational reports and perform data mining.
- Help manage, build and integrate different data streams to a centralised warehouse
- Identify opportunities to increase operational efficiencies
- Have demonstrated experience working in a similar role within a large corporate or professional services organisation coupled with expertise in providing support for operational reporting in a delivery centre environment
- Help deliver improved operational based reporting, engagement level profitability, operational performance and ad hoc reporting
- Support the project and business team through the continuous improvement of day-to-day and special purpose reporting to facilitate decision making and improve processes
- Generate and provide commentary in respect to insights arising from the reports to the Leadership team.
- Demonstrated experience in the delivery and development of reports, data mining/querying experience, experience creating visual dashboards.
This is a business intelligence and business facing role and requires a few years' experience working with senior stakeholders as well as having excellent communication and presentation skills.
Along with this we also require:
- Experience working with Tableau and T-SQL, SQL or SQL Microsoft (MCSE certified preferred)
- Advanced MS Excel (basic VBA desirable), Access, SharePoint essential
- Excellent data mining and presentation of data in a meaningful way
- Experience working with large amount of data and creating efficient and succinct reporting
- Demonstrated ability to build systems and reporting from scratch
- Tertiary qualification in Information Technology, Mathematics, Economics, Finance, Actuarial or Statistics (desirable).
This role is positioned in a fast and agile environment and will give the successful application the opportunity to build and design systems from scratch.
We offer rewarding careers for outstanding professionals, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and agile work practices that focus on our people's wellbeing to drive innovation and entrepreneurship. We also believe that our business plays a distinct and vital role in helping solve important social and environmental issues; and use our unique skills and expertise to help create positive and lasting impacts for our communities.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We are consistently recognised as an employer of choice for women, and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of KPMG and its ongoing success. So if you want a career where you can use your deep expertise to deliver real results, talk to us first.
Please apply for this position by submitting your confidential application online, if you have any questions please contact Alex at firstname.lastname@example.org
Advertised: 20 Dec 2017 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 24 Jan 2018 AUS Eastern Daylight Time