SAP Data Migration Lead
As a Package Consultant at IBM, get ready to tackle numerous mission-critical company directives. Our team takes on the challenge of designing, developing and re-engineering highly complex application components and integrating software packages using various tools. You will use a mix of consultative skills, business knowledge, and technical expertise to effectively integrate packaged technology into our clients' business environment and achieve business results.
Your Role and Responsibilities SAP Data Migration Lead
As an experienced SAP consultant at IBM Global Business Services, you will deliver innovative business solutions through design, build and test, including systems integration. You will leverage your subject matter expertise and your leadership capabilities to ensure successful project delivery and client success.
IBM will give you access to a diverse range of career opportunities, and a vast network of talented SAP professionals. As a member of our SAP team you will get the chance to participate in new and existing implementations, developed with the latest technology and tools.
At IBM you'll find your role demands that you combine both your strong technical and business skills. For this role we will require you to lead and manage the data migration solution for a large, complex SAP project. You will be responsible for:
Responsibilities and Deliverables the role is expected to achieve:
- Working with global client stakeholders to design the data migration solution components covering the data mapping, transformation rules, data load into SAP, as well the data reconciliation approach.
- Establishing strong working relationships and engaging with functional team leads (both client and SI) to source target data rules and share data profiling information.
- Bringing best practice processes to support the data migration activities of the project.
Required Professional and Technical Expertise:
- Preparation of the following work products:
- Data mapping of source to target data fields for all solution areas.
- Data reconciliation and validation plan.
- Preparation of functional specifications for the loading of data into SAP.
- Providing input to the Data Migration System Test plan.
- Preparation of system test cases to validate the data migration solution.
- Presentations, to the client, on the data migration design work products.
- Proven track record leading complex Data Migration implementations. We will be looking for at least 2 instances where the candidate has led the Data Migration stream for a project end-to-end.
- Experience leading small teams.
- Experience working with global template owners to implement solutions in local or regional settings.
- A strong understanding of all the activities necessary to plan, build and execute a sound data migration program.
- Experience in supporting the client business through the planning and preparation necessary to validate migrated data.
- Workshop delivery and design experience of data migration processes and products.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Proven track record in complex SAP Data Migrations.
- Preparing for and running business process workshops related to Data Migration.
- Ability to document the Data Migration business process solution.
- Provide support to all testing activities for Data Migration solutions.
- Provide expertise and leadership in the design of Data Migration solutions.
- Produce quality project work products and deliverables.
- On time delivery of assigned tasks of varying complexity.
- Monitor and report progress of the Data Migration work products and activities to the Project manager.
- Strong problem-solving skills to drive resolution of defects and issues by understanding client needs and presenting options to resolve the problem.
- An ability to identify, develop and implement solutions to gaps to meet the needs of the business.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to deliver high profile activities to tight timescales.
- Proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment.
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Must be able to be able to plan and manage own workload (self-directing) with minimal. oversight, escalating where necessary to address potential risks or resolve issues.
- Experience implementing SAP into the FMCPG industry is valued.
- Has implemented globally designed template solutions into a regional (subsidiary) market.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise