SAP Cutover Manager
At IBM, our Project Managers excel by leading and coordinating a project team's overall performance, scope, cost, and deliverables. Our clients rely on timely and efficient status reports, and as Project Manager, you will drive the charge with project direction, metric definition, and performance management. If you are ready to help our clients and project teams succeed, we would love to meet you!
Your Role and Responsibilities SAP Cutover Manager
As an experienced SAP Cutover Manager you will be the primary point of management control, planning and expertise responsible for transitioning our local Australian clients through their SAP "Go-Live" events. You will leverage your senior project management expertise, strong communication skills and proven leadership capabilities working with senior business and technical stakeholders to ensure successful project delivery and client success.
As a leader you will get the chance to participate in new and existing implementations, developed with the latest technology and tools. We expect you to have a very solid project management background with at least 5 full implementations; demonstrable experience as a Cutover Manager in an SAP environment and preferably some experience in a FMCPG environment. Proven leadership experience, stakeholder management, planning and managing execution of technical and business cutover are key requirements of the role as is demonstrated and repeated experience in SAP implementation. This role will suit detail oriented senior project managers from an SI/Consulting background who have with experience running large SAP cutover events. Responsibilities
- Co-ordinate and assist in the preparation of detailed Cutover activity plans necessary to deploy the new SAP system into a 'live' environment.
- Establish and co-ordinate an ongoing operational governance structure that will guide the decision making and escalation management for all matters related to the cutover of SAP and legacy systems.
- Define the Readiness Criteria that will be used to measure the overall readiness of the project to CUTOVER, covering the key domains of Solution & Technology, Business & People.
- Act as the prime point of accountability managing & coordinating all Cutover activities through pre go-live rehearsals and production cutover.
- Provide ongoing (daily) status reporting regarding the performance of the cutover event, managing and escalating risks and issues as necessary to ensure successful on-time delivery of the cutover event.
- Co-ordinate the need for, and development of service continuity plans for systems impacted by go-live events.
- Co-ordinate the need for, and development of rollback plans for systems impacted by go-live events.
- Define structures for cutover governance and work closely with the client stakeholders (up to CxO level) through cutover governance activities leading to clear GO / NO-GO decisions
- Be the Cutover "Quarterback" - this role is the subject matter expert and calls the shots on all matters related to driving the project to a successful cutover event.
- Facilitation of solutions and driving delivery of solutions with senior technical and business stakeholders.
- Manage the scope, cost, schedule, scope, and contractual performance deliverables.
- Apply techniques for planning, tracking, change control, and risk management.
- Manage project resources, including IBM, customer, and subcontractors.
- Establish an effective communication plan with the project team and the customer.
- Provide regular project status updates to the customer & IBM management.
- Closely work with other teams to ensure tight alignment of objectives and expectations.
- Define and monitor issues, dependencies, risks and risk mitigation strategies.
Required Professional and Technical Expertise:
- Significant, demonstrable SAP experience across multiple projects in team leadership roles - this role best suits a long-term SAP professional with a background from the large consulting organisations.
- Demonstrable (and referenceable) experience having performed the role of a Cutover Manager in a multiple, large, complex, SAP implementations (including management of legacy system impacts) as part of a Systems Integrator team
- Developed implementation cutover plans across Technology, Business operations and People domains.
- Planned and managed the execution of cutover dry-run's and Go-Live events.
- Developed cutover readiness checklist criteria and executed management of same during a production cutover.
- Managed the transition to BAU Hypercare activities.
- Ability to communicate clearly and confidently with senior management stakeholders (up to C-suite).
- Consulting experience in excess of 5 years at the level of Manager or above.
- Working knowledge of common SAP process areas (FICO, MM/IM/WM, SD/LE) is preferred.
- Experience implementing SAP within the CPG industry.
- Has implemented globally designed template solutions into a regional (subsidiary) market.
- Strong client relationship management and engagement skills. Ambition, excellent leadership skills and a talent for building successful client relationships will be highly valued.
- A passion for technology and business.
- The ability to understand and assimilate different points of view.
- A love of working with people in a team-focused environment.
- Natural leadership skills and the ability to thrive in a collaborative culture.
- The willingness to take ownership of challenging tasks, even beyond your initial scope of responsibility.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise