SAP BI Analyst
As an IBM Application Architect, you directly help clients transform their business and solve complex problems. You will define the scope and vision for projects that deliver customized solutions using your knowledge of IBM platforms. You are a technical leader, serving as a liaison among business partners, technical resources, and project stakeholders.
Your Role and Responsibilities SAP BI Analyst
As an experienced SAP consultant at IBM Global Business Services, you will deliver innovative business solutions through design, build and test, including systems integration. You will leverage your subject matter expertise and your leadership capabilities to ensure successful project delivery and client success. IBM will give you access to a diverse range of career opportunities, and a vast network of talented SAP professionals. As a member of our SAP team you will get the chance to participate in new and existing implementations, developed with the latest technology and tools. At IBM you'll find your role demands that you combine both your strong technical and business skills. For this role we will require you to define and implement the SAP BI/BW solution for a large, complex SAP implementation project. You will be responsible for:
Required Professional and Technical Expertise:
- Working with global client stakeholders to determine local reporting requirements, map these requirements to existing template reports and determine gaps in the reporting solution design.
- Work with global delivery teams to prepare functional designs to deliver requirements.
- Work with global delivery teams to test and verify solutions in the SAP BI/BW solution.
- Work with local clients to implement / deploy these new functions into the business.
- Proven track record delivering solutions on the SAP BI/BW solution. Minimum 5 years experience, covering multiple end-to-end implementation projects.
- Deep, practical experience across the whole suite of the BI/BW solution (including Business Objects) is a mandatory requirement.
- Gathering end-user business requirements and mapping same to available template (out-of-the-box) solutions, identifying solution gaps and development requirements where necessary.
- Design and development of queries, data repositories and reports to meet business requirements.
- Preparation of functional specifications to support the development of queries, data repositories and reports/visualisations.
- Testing of solutions in the BI/BW environment.
- Client facing workshop delivery, particularly in reference to Fit/Gap workshops in the context of a Global deployment project.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills to drive resolution of defects and issues by understanding client needs and presenting options to resolve the problem.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to deliver high profile activities to tight timescales.
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Must be able to be able to plan and manage own workload (self-directing) with minimal. oversight, escalating where necessary to address potential risks or resolve issues.
- Prefer SAP BI certification (including Business Objects).
- Background in Data Warehouse design.
- Experience implementing SAP into the FMCPG industry is valued.
- Has implemented globally designed template solutions into a regional (subsidiary) market.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise