Risk Manager, Credit Risk
Get set for your next great career move.
How will I help?
- Based in Kent Street, Sydney
- Be part of Westpac's Retail Credit Risk Division
You will join the Retail Credit Collections team, responsible for the day to day management of Consumer portfolio delinquency and loss rates and identifying process improvements. Key responsibilities include:
What's in it for me?
- Establish and maintain "best practice" risk management processes and techniques that support the stated product and customer strategy
- Develop and monitor collection strategies for enhanced risk segmentation as well as collection workflow activities, and syndicate with appropriate stakeholders
- Produce superior reporting and analysis of collection strategy and portfolio trends that help drive change that improves collection effectiveness, portfolio profitability and customer experience
- To be a key support to Executive and Senior Risk Managers with developing profitability based strategies for delinquent account management (Collections and recoveries) at a customer and account level across multiple brands
You will build your profile internally and externally with stakeholders and be part of the future of a business that has been around for 200 years and whose vision is becoming one of the world's great service companies.
You'll play an important and significant part in the future of a business that has been around for 200 years. Our vision is to become one of the world's great service companies. So, we'll back you in the development of your career, with internal career prospects and flexible working. You'll also be backed by a fantastic team of people in a can-do, supportive structure. What do I need?
To ensure your success within this role you will possess strong communication and relationship management skills with the ability to priorities multiple tasks. Skills and experience:
What is it like to work there?
- Tertiary qualifications or equivalent risk analytics experience
- Risk management and credit policy experience.
- Desirable practical experience in consumer lending and collections
- Strong understanding of business, credit scoring, behavioural scoring, scorecard development and monitoring
- Proficient with GDW
- Proficient with data extraction, manipulation and analysis
- Strong SAS or SQL or R programming or similar
- Knowledge of the credit lifecycle
As well as good pay and a great culture, joining the Westpac family means you'll get some of the best banking, wealth and insurance benefits in the market. We back our employees by helping them work towards industry-recognised qualifications, using online learning, training modules and career planning tools for you to grow with us. We'll even pay you to do volunteer or community work.
As an equal opportunity employer, we're proud to have created a culture and work environment that values diversity and flexibility - and champions inclusion. How do I Apply?
Start here. Just click on the APPLY button.