Risk Manager - Fund Services
Do work that matters:
Wealth Management bring together the Group's funds management and distribution capability as well as domestic insurance and financial advice business support divisions. These include the well-known brands of Colonial First State, Colonial First State Global Asset Management, and CommInsure.
The role of Manager, Fund Services is to have key responsibility to lead and embed the Operational Risk & Compliance Management Framework and related processes within CFS Fund Services and CFS Wrap, ensuring appropriate governance and reporting on risks, issues and opportunities. Key components of the role:
- Ensure frameworks and controls are in place and are effective in ensuring the CFS Fund Services team adheres to the Group's governance policies and standards, and take corrective action when non-compliance are identified.
- Understand the impacts of compliance and the legal aspects surrounding the CFS Fund Services business and identify, implement and support the necessary activities to ensure that these items are managed in line with risk management frameworks.
- Enhance the awareness of risk and compliance requirements amongst the CFS Fund Service business.
- Travel to Melbourne regularly
We're interested in hearing from people who have:
- Responsible for the design and implementation / support the business to implement controls to enable better risk and compliance outcomes
- Identify, lead and manage the continuous improvement of the business control environment by using data to generate insights and reports such as trends and systemic issues.
- Identify, initiate and manage actions to mitigate risks and to strengthen controls, including issues identified through audits and other internal reviews such as policy requirements.
- Responsible for data quality in/maintain various databases (including RiskInSite) and management reporting
- Responsible for ensuring risks are profiled and captured in the Risk Profile (RCSA) and updated when risk trigger events occur and continuous landscape monitoring to ensure obligations have been managed proactively
- Work effectively with Line 2 colleagues to determine optimal course of action to remediate any significant data integrity issues within the BU.
- Risk Mindset: All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discusses and act on current and future risks
- Previous experience in banking/financial services and/or previous experience in Operational Risk management
- Graduate with relevant degree in Finance or Risk
- Ability to analyse/identify risks and compliance opportunities and recommend appropriate actions
- Influencing and consulting skills, the ability to build relationships with stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to think critically and analytically and use data driven insights to solve problems
- Knowledge of Operational and Compliance Risk frameworks would be advantageous
- BU specific - business commercial aptitude and knowledge
- Controls design experience
- Facilitation skills
- People leadership skills, including coaching and guiding others
If you live the values and demonstrate the people capabilities we can offer great opportunities. Whether you want to move across the organisation or up into a leadership role, the way you live the values and demonstrate the people capabilities are key. Use the capabilities required for this role as a guide to the critical skills and behaviours you need for your next move.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We're keen to support you with the next step in your career.
Advertising End Date: 11/06/2020