Risk Executive(Manager) Credit Model Analytics
Do work that matters
- You are passionate about all things data related with a positive attitude
- We are a values-driven high performing team within the Advice and Insurance space
- Together we can deliver an exemplary experience for our stakeholders and the Group
Risk Management is responsible for developing and deploying the risk frameworks to allow the Group to take conscious exposures to credit, market, operational, compliance and insurance risks within a Board-approved appetite.
Business Banking Risk Management (BB RM) forms part of the Group Risk Management division, and specifically, it provides the Business Banking (BB) team with specialist risk services and advice. BB is one of the client facing business groups within the Bank, and provides support to Corporate, Regional and Agricultural, Business, Private and CommSec clients. See yourself in our team
As a Risk Executive (Manager) Credit Model Analytics, you will be accountable to providing quantitative support for Institutional Banking & Markets (IB&M), Business Banking (BB) and Bankwest (non-retail) business units. In particular this role will assist in the performance monitoring of credit risk factors used in capital and provisioning calculations, including development and implementation of analytical tools. Key responsibilities
We're interested in hearing from people who have
- Model performance monitoring. Analyze the performance of existing credit risk models and provide insight and recommendations on their strengths, weaknesses, and applicability to relevant portfolio types and ability to be improved.
- Build appropriate tools and develop data strategies to support model monitoring and scenario analysis performed by the Credit Model Analytics team for the BB, IB&M and Bankwest non-retail portfolios.
- Embracing a culture of proactive continuous improvement, leading migration of analytic tools and processes towards accepted best practice.
- Able to effectively manage tasks to ensure obligations and initiatives are completed successfully and within constraints.
- Ensuring all definitions, business rules and processes are documented.
- Undertaking ad hoc analysis, projects and tasks as required, delivering timely results
- Exceptional communication, stakeholder engagement, time management and attention to detail skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritise and execute multiple concurrent activities and priorities.
- 5+ years of experience in quantitative analysis, preferably in the financial industry or with a consulting firm. Experience in Credit Risk Models (and optionally Stress testing) will be highly regarded.
- Practical experience with data processing, analytics or quantitative models. Familiarity with credit risk models, in particular across corporate, asset finance or SME credit portfolios, is desired.
- Demonstrated ability with analytics tools such as SQL, R or SAS . Experience in the creation and management of large datasets.
- Ability to present large amounts of information in ways that are universally understandable or easy to interpret and spot patterns, trends and correlations.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We're keen to support you with the next step in your career.
Advertising End Date: 27/07/2021