Risk Culture Senior Manager
As part of the Behavioural Risk division of Macquarie's Risk Management Group, the Risk Culture team assist Macquarie businesses to determine the soundness, and enable the alignment, of culture to drive good risk outcomes throughout Macquarie Group Limited.
The central function of the team is to apply our well-developed assessment process to undertake independent risk culture reviews across the Operating and Central Service Groups to identify the relative strengths and areas for development within a business or function. These findings and accompanying measures of good practice, are shared with senior management to affect positive change where necessary.
Additional functions include regular risk culture reporting to senior management and the Board and acting in an advisory capacity to Macquarie businesses where our expertise will lead to better risk outcomes.
As a Risk Culture Review Lead, your role is pivotal to ensure that reviews fairly assess risk culture and promote positive change. Your key areas of impact in this role will include:
- Implementing and executing a fair assessment of risk culture
- Managing small project teams whilst adhering to our methodology and processes, and confidently applying your judgement to identify improvement areas that, when addressed, will improve risk culture for Macquarie
- Promoting positive change by leveraging your strong stakeholder management skills to ensure all relevant parties are engaged in the process
- Demonstrating a continual and ever evolving understanding of how Macquarie's businesses/functions benefit from the review's findings and recommendations.
You will also be expected to conduct risk culture training and liaise with different stakeholder groups across the company to continually strengthen the way Macquarie manages risk culture.
Macquarie is a global business and while the role is Sydney-based, at times, it will require overseas travel.
You will bring with you:
- A sound background in risk culture, organisational psychology, or behavioural science
- Experience in interviewing techniques
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills
- Experience designing and delivering training programs
- Expertise in drafting executive reports and training material
- An understanding of how risk management operates in the finance industry
- The ability to identify cultural and risk insights from data and people.
If you think that your background is a good fit for the above described role, we would really like to hear from you.
For more information, please visit www.macquare.com/careers
Risk Management Group is an independent, centralised unit responsible for ensuring all risk across Macquarie are appropriately assessed and managed. Its divisions include Credit, Prudential, Capital and Markets, Market Risk, Operational Risk, Compliance, Quantitative Applications, Behavioural Risk, Financial Crime Risk and Internal Audit.
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
We facilitate a range of flexible working arrangements within our teams. Talk to us about what flexibility may be available. Advertised:
14 Oct 2019 AUS Eastern Daylight Time Applications close: