Research Analyst, Mining
About The Company
Morgan Stanley has earned an enviable reputation for the originality of its research and the value it creates for investors and decision makers. Consistently ranked among the top in its field, our Equity Research team looks at economic, market, industry, and company data to enhance the performance of clients' global portfolios and to help companies set their strategic direction. About The Role
An opportunity exists for a Research Analyst to join our highly rated Australia Mining Research team, working with our lead Australia Mining analyst. Responsibilities
• Creating and maintaining models by leveraging skills in Mining, Accounting, Finance, and economics.
• Covering and co-covering stocks in the gold and base metals space.
• Researching and carrying out data analysis on time series data.
• Writing reports on companies or sector focus in the mining space.
• Responding to requests for data and information from internal and external clients
• Assisting in the design and preparation of analyst marketing materials
• Collaborating with domestic, regional and global colleagues on research projects
• Developing relationships and interacting with colleagues in research, equity sales and trading and wealth management, as well as institutional clients, investor relations professionals, company management and other industry participants