Research Analyst, Insurance and Diversified Financials
The Research Analyst will support the Senior Analyst in all aspects of the analysis of Insurance & Diversified Financials research covering companies including financial modelling, publishing research reports and engaging with institutional investor clients and sales & trading.
The role offers an opportunity to undertake lead coverage of constituent companies and be an industry thought-leader, interacting with major investors, key industry participants and Citi's sales & trading desk.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of five years' experience in a corporate strategy / development, buy-side or sell-side research. This will suit a driven and analytical individual who can scrutinise a company's prospects and possesses the client relationship management skills to thrive in a market-facing role. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
KEY COMPETENCIES / SKILLS Technical/Specialist skills/competencies
- Undertake bottom up analysis of constituent companies to provide investment recommendations
- Develop and maintain financial models used to forecast company earnings and company valuations.
- Originate research ideas identifying commercial investing insights
- Publish written company and industry reports in a clear, succinct and timely manner
- Liaise with and present to clients (internal and external) and stakeholders
- Assist internal sales and trading teams in the timely analysis of breaking news
- Attend industry and company conferences
- Respond to client requests
Personal Attributes/Interpersonal skills
- Excellent financial / econometric modelling & analytical skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Strong presentation and writing skills
- High attention to detail in a fast paced environment
Job Family Group:
- Highly motivated, organized and detail oriented
- A passion for financial markets genuinely interested in a dynamic environment.
- Highly numerate, inquisitive with a discerning personality
- Team player
Research Job Family:
Research Analysis Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting