Research Analyst, Infrastructure, Utilities & ESG Research Team
About The Company
Morgan Stanley has earned an enviable reputation for the originality of its research and the value it creates for investors and decision makers. Consistently ranked among the top in its field, our Equity Research team looks at economic, market, industry, and company data to enhance the performance of clients' global portfolios and to help companies set their strategic direction. About The Opportunity
An opportunity exists for a Research Analyst to join our top ranked Infrastructure, Utilities & ESG Research team at Analyst level. This is an exciting and fast-paced job that will help to accelerate your career. Key Responsibilities Include:
• Creating and maintaining models by leveraging skills in accounting, finance, and economics
• Responding to requests for data and information from internal and external clients
• Identifying, monitoring, and analyzing macroeconomics factors and industry trends
• Researching and writing reports with a company or sector specific focus
• Assisting in the design and preparation of analyst marketing materials
• Collaborating with domestic, regional and global colleagues on research projects
• Developing relationships and interacting with equity sales and trading, institutional clients, investor relations personnel, company management and other industry participants Qualifications: Skills Required:
• A university degree or post-graduate qualification, preferably but not limited to Economics, Finance, Engineering, Sustainability or post-graduate Finance related study. Relevant industry experience will also be highly regarded.
• A keen interest in infrastructure, utilities and renewables, sustainability and corporate governance.
• Proactive and hard-working, with a willingness to work independently, to meet deadlines and take accountability.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• A natural curiosity in corporate strategy and how businesses operate, succeed and fail.
• Ability to construct financial models and work with large datasets. Coding experience will also be highly regarded.
• Ability to think laterally, creatively and to problem solve.
• Ability to work in small teams and a strong focus on coordination, collaboration and teamwork. Equal Opportunity Statement
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.