Relationship Associate (AVP) - Corporate Banking
The Relationship Associate is an intermediate-level position responsible partnering with the coverage bankers in managing a portfolio of franchise clients. This includes credit stewardship and management of the client portfolio, being actively involved in developing and executing high profile transactions, and working alongside partners across to deliver the Citi platform (i.e. Capital Markets, Markets & Risk Management, Treasury & Trade Solutions, Corporate Advisory and Risk Management).
Our Relationship Associates are part of a team who build and grow our long-term relationships with clients; addressing their banking needs, helping them to succeed in their businesses by solving problems and realizing opportunities. Our RAs also act as a key contact point for Citi's clients to manage everyday banking and transactional services needs access Citi's capabilities. This experience is an excellent opportunity to build your career in banking.
- Build relationships with various internal and external audiences to ensure timely problem resolutions and to provide support for a range of audience needs and services
- Perform financial and operational investigations, including credit, foreign exchange, cash management and trade services, ensuring timely resolution and client satisfaction
- Assist Banker with the preparation of relationship reviews and client portfolios, client onboarding and portfolio management
- Support Banking team in management of transaction banking relationships, account opening & closing, and ongoing maintenance
- Partner with Product Partners and Relationship Managers to perform various activities for Know Your Client (KYC) requirements, including timely origination, monitoring, renewals and completion across all product and marketing levels
- Facilitate credit originations, credit allocation, approvals, documentation, bookings, fee collections and renewals for Standby Letters of Credit and justify exceptions, as well as credit allocation from Parent Account Management teams and Credit Risk Management
- Identify revenue opportunities, position certain products with clients and monitor billing and service queries, as well as correct mapping/marketing hierarchies in Citi Investment Strategies (CIS) to ensure revenues earned from all products are appropriately reflected
- Represent banking coverage team in client meetings
- Assist with Banker activities in the absence of Banker, including making decisions and assisting in executing transactions, as needed
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 5-8 years of experience
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or closely related areas of Business Administration
- Credit skills/experience (i.e., financial accounting, commercial lending theories, industry awareness, loan structuring, etc.) preferred
- Proven ability to learn and exert sound judgment
- Ability to be client focused and results oriented
- Consistently demonstrate follow-up and organizational skills
- Consistently demonstrate clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Proven planning, negotiation and analytical skills
- Consistently demonstrate a professional attitude
- Bachelor's degree/University degree or equivalent experience in Finance or closely related areas of Business Administration
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required. Job Family Group:
Institutional Banking Job Family:
Corporate Banking Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting