Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours. The company
Tracing our roots to 1928, Wellington Management Company, LLP is one of the world's largest independent investment management firms. With approximately US$1.3 trillion in assets under management as of 31 December 2021, we serve as a trusted adviser to institutional clients and mutual fund sponsors in over 60 countries. Our innovative investment solutions are built on the strength of proprietary, independent research and span the global capital markets, including equity, fixed income, multi-asset, and alternative strategies. As a private partnership whose sole business is investment management, our long-term views and interests are aligned with those of our clients. We are committed to attracting a talented and diverse workforce, and to fostering an open, collaborative, and inclusive culture because we believe multiple perspectives lead to more informed investment and business decisions. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome people with diverse life experiences, fresh ideas, and specialized subject-matter expertise. The position
The Client Group in Australia has an opening for a Relationship Analyst ("RA") in the institutional client channel. The successful candidate will be an integral member of our Australia and New Zealand Team and will be primarily responsible for supporting and strengthening our relationships with institutional clients and prospects. Responsibilities
Commanding a thorough knowledge of our business, coupled with strong interpersonal skills, the RA will work closely with Relationship Managers in support of a number of assigned clients, responding to ad hoc inquiries, undertaking market research, and preparing for client meetings.
Success in this role requires the RA to have the ability to be proactive in supporting our business development activities, looking to assess and support our prospect and cross sell opportunities. In addition, RAs also support our existing client relationships. This requires the RA to maintain and update client CRM data, analyse opportunities for our clients and prospective clients, and oversee and coordinate the completion of information requests. RAs will work with internal stakeholders (including: portfolio services, legal and compliance, portfolio management, product management, the client service group, trading and other functions) to ensure we meet our clients expectations and to ensure deadlines are met.
This position has frequent interaction with clients and will be expected to conduct independent analysis, initiate original research and respond to inquiries on a wide range of topics, typically on tight timelines.
Some travel may be required. Principal Responsibilities Will Include:
- Preparing standard and/or customised prospect presentation materials, briefing books and collateral materials as well as meeting notes required for external meetings;
- Participating in in-house client and prospect meetings and conference calls as appropriate;
- Conducting analysis, initiating investigations and responding to internal and external ad-hoc inquiries on a wide variety of topics, including portfolio and product specific information, investment guidelines, market trends, regulation considerations and fees;
- Acting as a point of contact for various groups within client organisations;
- Coordinating key client communications;
- Supporting the local Relationship Managers in the organisation of client roadshows and client review meetings;
- Capturing and maintaining client data in relevant internal systems;
- Qualifying and coordinating Requests for Information/Due Diligence Questionnaires (RFIs) and Requests for Proposals (RFPs), and working with internal teams to ensure that each one receives the proper response;
- Developing an understanding of the depth and breadth of Wellington Management's investment approaches.
- Maintaining an update to date working knowledge of your clients and prospects activities and strategic initiatives.
- Self-motivated with a strong service orientation, being reliable, consistent and proactive
- Commitment to quality and attention to detail; ensure that all work is delivered completed, accurately, and on time
- Effective communication skill is essential given the frequent level of client interaction
- Actively listen and ask questions to determine and meet client needs
- Flourish in a challenging, fast-paced, professional environment with frequent shifts in priorities as business needs dictate
- Ability to demonstrate and apply sound business judgement, having a strong sense of integrity
- Demonstrate a sense of personal accountability and urgency for achieving results
The successful candidate will have a passion for learning about the global capital markets. In-depth knowledge of equity, fixed income, and/or multi-asset and private investment products is strongly preferred. Interest in the business of investment management, a desire to work in a team-based and collaborative environment, and an analytical/problem-solving orientation are required.
Candidates should possess a demonstrable track record of achievement, capacity for differentiated thinking, strong work ethic, and the willingness to work with others. Strong presentation skills and client-facing experience are highly preferred. Attention to detail is critical - the successful candidate will have the ability to both pull data from the various applications available, and analyse the data to understand whether that data makes sense.
This position will require the ability to work independently, in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment, where priorities change frequently, and deadlines often need to be met under significant time pressure. Finally, RAs should have a solid knowledge of investments, such that they are able to fully understand, and respond to, client enquiries and requests.
Other required qualifications include:
- 2 to 4+ years of relevant experience in analytical roles within the investment industry which can include relationship management/business development/client service.
- Direct buy-side experience supporting institutional and/or wholesale client relationships preferred
- Strong academic credentials including a Bachelor's degree with preference given to candidates who have undertaken post-graduate work or are progressing towards a CFA
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Time management and ability to prioritize work
The successful candidate will be one who meets the above criteria, is committed to the success of the team, and takes a long-term view of their career.
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? That's ok. If you believe that you could excel in this role, we encourage you to apply and welcome a chance to review your background. We are dedicated to building and maintaining a diversified workforce and considering a broad array of candidates with a variety of skill, workplace experiences, and backgrounds.
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .