Regional Privacy Officer APAC, VP
The Corporate Privacy Office at State Street is seeking a privacy subject matter professional with experience in International privacy laws and regulations across the Asia Pacific jurisdictions in which we operate as well as India
The successful candidate will be a member of the Privacy Office and be responsible for supporting the businesses across State Street providing privacy related advice and guidance on a variety of privacy issues including but not limited to new business initiatives and commercial offerings cross border data transfers assistance with the investigation and management of potential data breaches conducting privacy impact assessments research into emerging privacy laws and trends etc. The successful candidate will also need to apply their subject matter expertise to pro-actively help embed strong privacy competence and capability across State Street.
This position is ideal for an individual who has already developed strong privacy subject matter expertise. This is an excellent opportunity to become part of a dedicated team of privacy professionals and to operate in a global top-tier organization in the field of Banking and Financial Services.
The preferred location for this position is in Sydney or Singapore.
Principal duties and responsibilities include:
- Maintain and develop knowledge of Privacy laws regulations and enforcement monitoring and reporting on new developments and trends across Asia Pacific and India
- Provide guidance on the implementation and management of cross border data transfer mechanisms and manage the Privacy Impact Assessments process across new projects and business initiatives
- Provide advice and guidance on day to day privacy compliance queries
- Responsible for assisting with the investigation and management of potential breaches/instances of non-compliance
- Assist with the review and refresh of policies and procedures
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of the network of privacy professionals across the businesses.
- Develop materials and tools that support education training and awareness
- Analyze access to data and work with the IT including the Office of Architecture business and others to limit the exposure of personal data through application of Privacy-by-Design principles.
- Chair the Asia Pacific Regional Privacy Oversight Subcommittee and participate on the Privacy Oversight Committee
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE / SKILLS:
The following are required:
- Experience in managing a privacy and data protection program in a large complex organization in the financial services sector
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience with subject matter expertise in Privacy.
- 8+ years of related experience including previous experience managing staff.
- Flexible approach and a strong team player.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills with strong attention to detail.