Quant Developer - Sydney
My client is a leading US-based electronic market-maker. They have a brand new office in Sydney where they are building out brand new trading teams, cutting-edge research and data analysis systems, and ultra-low-latency execution systems that are tailored to the APAC market. Culture:
They foster a competitive yet collaborative culture where innovation is rewarded. They have a jeans-clad workforce and offer fantastic perks and holiday allowance to eliminate the burnout typically associated with finance. They have quick release cycles so you will see your code in production, fast! Responsibilities:
The Quant Trading & Research team is responsible for creating trading strategies scientifically. A highly impactful role, you will be working closely with researchers, traders and engineers, designing and developing high-performance production code for trading strategies. The ideal candidate will come from a strong programming background and have a deep understanding of mathematical techniques in order to advance the existing codebase and suggest improvements. Requirements:
- 2+ years of commercial experience building software applications in Python or C++
- Solid object-oriented programming experience.
- Familiarity with linear algebra and introductory statistics knowledge.
- Experience with generic and/or parallel programming is a plus.
- BS/MS/PhD degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics (or similar).
- Financial markets knowledge or the desire to learn
- Market-leading salary + performance bonus
- Generous holiday allowance
- Comprehensive medical packages
- Social events
- Continuing education - reimbursement for tuition / courses / conferences
- Fully stocked kitchen & games room
- Visa & relocation assistance provided
If you feel you are a strong match please don't hesitate to get in contact with me: